Dentistry amid the Covid19 outbreak, a warning

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
email first thing thi smorning from Health Board

"
Dear colleagues
Many thanks for your continued support in the ongoing situation.

There have been further developments and at this point please be advised that for today we will not be appointing patients into any of the clinics.
Advice and analgesics and antimicrobial advice will still be provided and clinicians but we are not arranging face to face appointments today.

An update will be provided later this morning"

I still think of BDA as meaning Backblast Danger Area. It's a worry because I'm sure it doesn't in this context.
I thought it was Battle Damage Assessment.

wheel

LE
Had a phone call from mydentist (yes all one word) informing me that tomorrows appointment is cancelled. This is nice because they hit you with a £40 charge should you fail to attend. They kindly requested that I make a new appointment when all the kerfuffle is over.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In Scotland looking like all general dentists will be closed.
Treatment wil be done by public dental service.
We'll have 2 types of emergency clinics.
Those with Covid19 symptoms and those without.

It will be emergency treatment only. Possibly only extractions.

This may well be replicated across the UK

They have dentists in Scotland? :?

Hillbilly teeth.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Our Public Dental Service department in my board comprises of 250 personnel.
For that we have been issued 10 FFP3 masks.
That is not 10 each but 10 between us all!

She gets very anxious about dental stuff and so needs happy pills beforehand.
Me too - I hate dentists * (nothing personal FF!) and I was married to a Hygienist, so I know more than I need or want to.

* All goes back to an evil old Scottish witch when I was a small child.

doc80905

War Hero
We'll have 2 types of emergency clinics.
Those with Covid19 symptoms and those without.

It will be emergency treatment only. Possibly only extractions.

This may well be replicated across the UK
My dental practice FB page had this info posted yesterday. Hopefully there's help available for these practices as they are after all small businesses who have had their income stream devastated.

My dental practice FB page had this info posted yesterday. Hopefully there's help available for these practices as they are after all small businesses who have had their income stream devastated.
They will just have to sell their Flash cars then

bombdr2494

Old-Salt
My wife is a dental hygienist, all of their practises have been closed and they will only see a patients in extreme pain. They will go through a triage with an on call dentist who will decide whether or not it is deemed an emergency or can wait. They have also all been redeployed into the NHS on various roles as they (my wife does anyway) work for the NHS.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My wife is a dental hygienist, all of their practises have been closed and they will only see a patients in extreme pain. They will go through a triage with an on call dentist who will decide whether or not it is deemed an emergency or can wait. They have also all been redeployed into the NHS on various roles as they (my wife does anyway) work for the NHS.
Our nurses have been redeployed to Virus Assessment centres as buddy nurses.
Tasks that in usual times would be carried out by 2 registered nurses will be carried out by a registered nurse and a dental nurse.

Yokel

LE
I had a phone call this morning from one of the receptionists at the dental practice I go to. Apparently I was a check up scheduled for mid May but it has been cancelled. Is this because of the infection risk, to close a non essential enterprise, or so the dentists and nurses can be redeployed for other healthcare roles?

If nothing else it wIll save PPE.

I had a phone call this morning from one of the receptionists at the dental practice I go to. Apparently I was a check up scheduled for mid May but it has been cancelled. Is this because of the infection risk, to close a non essential enterprise, or so the dentists and nurses can be redeployed for other healthcare roles?

If nothing else it wIll save PPE.
The answer is in the thread

Latest Threads