Dentistry amid the Covid19 outbreak, a warning

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
As I
Just phoned my practice in Elgin and my routine hygenist appointment next week is still on.
But it will be hand scaling only.
With high volume suction.
And no polishing afterwards.

Just had the guidance on aerosol generating procedures finally arrive.

I had an appointment yesterday for fillings and other work after dental surgery. I've had a persistent cough since last week, so arranged for the appointment to be changed until the 8th April, to be on the safe side.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You lot are fecked now.
Off on a 2 day course next week and then manning a virus assessment centre!

Yokel

LE
You lot are fecked now.
Off on a 2 day course next week and then manning a virus assessment centre!
I wondered if Dentists would be redeployed for something like that. All healthcare personnel to the pumps. Another reason to stop non emergency treatment

No need to take your forceps or files with you.

Good luck!

In my 20's the only way to get me in the dentists seat was happy pills.
When I needed 4 teeth out I was so high no pain for 24hrs afterwards.

But the dentist now can do work without any happy pills.
This through calmness & talking to me about what she is going to do.
Talks me through what she is doing & a brush of her ample breast against my face is a plus point!
A few years ago, I had a hairdresser like that – buxom Moroccan lass, who when she was doing the back, that would be a rub (was never quite sure whether it was accidentally or on purpose!)

As I

But it will be hand scaling only.
With high volume suction.
And no polishing afterwards.

Just had the guidance on aerosol generating procedures finally arrive.
Phone call this morning from my very nice hygenist. All non essential appointments cancelled until further notice, No surprises there. Still I now have plenty of time for flossing!

Same here, no treatment, just a referral to 111 if its a crisis.

bedended

War Hero
Got my new front gnashers in on Friday, very comfortable I may say. I was a bit worried that the dentist was going to cancel as my denture was being held together by about 3mm of plastic and wouldnt last another week.
I suspect we will be seeing a lot more of this - View attachment 457600
Morning @SDFA,
About 7 years ago one of my molars 'shattered' leaving a shard of tooth, so off to local 'dentist'. His words. "Toot, make like new one hour no anaesthetic only R/s600". I politely declined and left. Went home got everything ready. Had a good gargle of 'Jack', made myself comfortable and began.
Saw my UK dentist about 10 months later. Her only comment was "You did a good job".
Never had an issue since and glad I had needlenose.

@Fang_Farrier,
"Gissa job la, go ed. I cn do dat".:)

Attachments

My dentist is a proper EE milf from the Czech Republic. And also a very skilled dentist too. I hope she doesn't leave like so many others due to Brexit xenophobia.

doc80905

War Hero
And right on cue, a text from my dentist cancelling all appointments for the foreseeable. Only open for emergencies.

woger wabbit

War Hero
And right on cue, a text from my dentist cancelling all appointments for the foreseeable. Only open for emergencies.
Worryingly I have had an e-mail from a friend, he tells me that he has received an e-mail from his dentist in Stourbridge informing him that the BDA has declared that dentists will no longer treat the over 70s, has anyone heard of this????

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Worryingly I have had an e-mail from a friend, he tells me that he has received an e-mail from his dentist in Stourbridge informing him that the BDA has declared that dentists will no longer treat the over 70s, has anyone heard of this????
Unfortunately pretty much true for all non emergency treatments.

In fact, probably apply to all patients shortly.

At least 2 high street type practices near me are emergency only now.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
And just to reassure you further.

Any with fever or cough are being treated in specific locations run by public/community dentists

Except we have no PPE, so best you can hope for is a prescription slipped out under the door to you.

woger wabbit

War Hero
And just to reassure you further.

Any with fever or cough are being treated in specific locations run by public/community dentists

Except we have no PPE, so best you can hope for is a prescription slipped out under the door to you.
Thank you, the info is helpful but it only applies to treatment during this pandemic, my friend seems to think that this info from the BDA means no treatment now or in the future.??

doc80905

War Hero
Judging by the way the haribo is flying off the shelves at the moment, I'd imagine dentists are going to be rather busy when treatment can resume.

Morning @SDFA,
About 7 years ago one of my molars 'shattered' leaving a shard of tooth, so off to local 'dentist'. His words. "Toot, make like new one hour no anaesthetic only R/s600". I politely declined and left. Went home got everything ready. Had a good gargle of 'Jack', made myself comfortable and began.
Saw my UK dentist about 10 months later. Her only comment was "You did a good job".
Never had an issue since and glad I had needlenose.

@Fang_Farrier,
"Gissa job la, go ed. I cn do dat".:)
Yeah, Leathermans are good for all sorts of odd jobs. I never left the firebase without mine. :mrgreen: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Latest Threads