Dentistry amid the Covid19 outbreak, a warning

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In case anybody hadn't noticed, health care seems to be undergoing a slight disruption during the current Covid19 outbreak.

This is especially true of dentistry.

Pretty much most dental treatment will be curtailed for the duration of the outbreak.

This is due to the risk from generating aerosols that will contain the virus and the fact that symptoms do not show for several days after infection meaning that it is potential for spreading the disease.

There will still be emergency treatment available through out the country but be aware it may not be at your usual dentist and the dental team may well be in full PPE.

I've got my regular dental check booked for tomorrow.

Apart from the team requesting not to come in if I have a cough or cold (obviously) and to turn up only five minutes from the appointment time, they seem to be pretty normal.

In case anybody hadn't noticed, health care seems to be undergoing a slight disruption during the current Covid19 outbreak.

Pretty much most dental treatment will be curtailed for the duration of the outbreak.

This is due to the risk from generating aerosols that will contain the virus and the fact that symptoms do not show for several days after infection meaning that it is potential for spreading the disease.

There will still be emergency treatment available through out the country but be aware it may not be at your usual dentist and the dental team may well be in full PPE.
Thank you for the warning.

That explains why my dentist moved heaven and earth to get my root canal work completed yesterday, that or my extreme good looks:)

I've got my regular dental check booked for tomorrow.

Apart from the team requesting not to come in if I have a cough or cold (obviously) and to turn up only five minutes from the appointment time, they seem to be pretty normal.

I had an appointment due for Monday. My dentist has cancelled it.

SDFA

Old-Salt
Got my new front gnashers in on Friday, very comfortable I may say. I was a bit worried that the dentist was going to cancel as my denture was being held together by about 3mm of plastic and wouldnt last another week.
I suspect we will be seeing a lot more of this -
tooth_fairy.jpg

Blogg

LE
As Mrs B discovered yesterday.

Took her for appointment to sort a problem that requires a crown and wandered out with a more permanent form of temporary fix.

She gets very anxious about dental stuff and so needs happy pills beforehand.

Was at least chilled for the day.

jg505

Old-Salt

Thank you for your post. Coincidentally, I was looking at booking my annual check up and wondered what impact CV19 would have on dentists. I shan't bother calling them now.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

This is the situation in Scotland (and Wales), England expected to follow suit very soon

I had a message to say my check-up appointment for 1st April is still scheduled. Things can change at very short notice though!

RigPig

War Hero
I had a large chunk of tooth fall off on Tuesday and have an appointment booked for today to look at it. I expect they’ll tell me it’s safe or not and tell me to book again later. i seem to spend all my time stopping myself from rubbing my tongue against it.

Stay safe Fang. Appreciate that you and your kind are looking into the void each time you treat us.

RP.

Same at my (private) dentist, business as usual please use the gel on your hands when you enter and before you leave. Pragmatic and sensible.

FakeSheikh2

Old-Salt
As Mrs B discovered yesterday.

Took her for appointment to sort a problem that requires a crown and wandered out with a more permanent form of temporary fix.

She gets very anxious about dental stuff and so needs happy pills beforehand.

Was at least chilled for the day.
In my 20's the only way to get me in the dentists seat was happy pills.
When I needed 4 teeth out I was so high no pain for 24hrs afterwards.

But the dentist now can do work without any happy pills.
This through calmness & talking to me about what she is going to do.
Talks me through what she is doing & a brush of her ample breast against my face is a plus point!

Cheers @Fang_Farrier

Currently under emergency cover by my toothist.
(None more routine treatments from Monday)

Had to have an infected wisdom tooth taken out Tuesday .
Dentist said he would normally have referred it to the Hospital, but decided the risk was greater there so went at it.
Sods law, its left a through hole into my sinus, hopefully it self heals, so far so good.
Two different antibiotics as belt and braces.

Cheers @Fang_Farrier

Currently under emergency cover by my toothist.
(None more routine treatments from Monday)

Had to have an infected wisdom tooth taken out Tuesday .
Dentist said he would normally have referred it to the Hospital, but decided the risk was greater there so went at it.
Sods law, its left a through hole into my sinus, hopefully it self heals, so far so good.
Two different antibiotics as belt and braces.
Ouch ouch ouch!!

teeth arms.jpg
Damn it. Was going to get these sorted this week... ;)

My son was at his dentist yesterday and the dentist just examined his teeth. No scale and polish

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Sod's law dictates that a molar broke into pieces the other day and I can't now get in to see a dentist.

Latest Threads