Dental

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by heard_it_all_before, Jan 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Anyone know of any arrangments for ex services for getting NHS Dental Treatment...?

Reason being is that I just rung a local Dentist to find out how much a replacement filling would be and nearly spat the rest out when I coughed and Spluttered after I was told that it was about £100....!

Thanks

2. As far as I am led to believe you just enroll at any dentist that takes in NHS patients once your not serving anymore. I know when I moved back from Germany the nearest new patients dentists were over 100 miles away from where my MQ was for my wife and children. There are NHS web sites and telephone numbers to locate those who are taking in new patients around your area.

3. Try this>>>>>NHS

4. Regrettably ex military patients have no "fast track" into NHS dentistry. It sucks but the advice is good to try NHS Websites and also to contact your Local Area Health Authority who are obliged to offer details of all NHS practices in your area.

5. Have registered myself on the waiting list with the NHS authority.

However and in order to get the job done, I bought a DIY Filling kit from Tesco's... It was £9.99 and has enough filling stuff to do half a dozen fillings. I replaced one of my lost fillings about ten days ago and it's still holding in place. Winner....!

I've been thinking about setting up a side-line in doing filling replacements. Could be a good earner :D