Dental Treatment

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by nataliew123, May 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I have just left the forces and was wondering am I entitled to NHS treatment???? Please help!
  2. Yes.

    Finding a dentist may be a problem though and you will still have to pay about 70% of the amount as a private patient.

    If it is urgent go private.
  3. Regardlees of service, technicaly everyone is entitled to NHS dentistry, however, as western points out you try finding one. In pain phone NHS direct and they'll try get you an emergency appointment.
  4. If you have any problems getting a dentist phone the local PCT.
    If you google 'find a dentist' you'll get a website you can search your local dentists- phone them all till you get one.
  5. Thank you, i will look around
  6. Literally just in from the (private) dentist.

    £80 for a full inspection, complete set of x rays and a full scale and polish on demand at a time to suit me.

    Still need a filling though, bugger.
  7. Contact your area health Authority. They keep details of all the practices that offer NHS Treatments in their area.
  8. Not for a long while they have'nt. PCT is the holder of the information.
  9. Unlike GP's you are not registered with an NHS dentist,nor are you restricted to a catchment area so spead your net far