Dental standards

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Feb 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know of any links to required dental standards for mobilisation or simply what they are???

I know I'll fail at the mo but could do with a rough idea of what's needed.

p.s. Duke, yes it's hot and sandy where I'm thinking of going and no I don't need a bucket and spade.

2. msr

msr LE

Why not just go to your dentist and have the work done?

msr

3. Go to your dentist and find out what needs doing. If you need fillings have them. If it looks like root canal, just have it pulled out. You won't pass with any of those. Go NHS and you can get as many fillings as you like for £50. It migh take some time, so get it sorted now!

4. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

RTMC now do a dental inspection to advise the receiving unit of the "dental risk" associated with the soldier, allowing them to decide to take them on risk if they are happy that they will have the capability to get them fixed before deployment. There is no longer a straightforward dental fail at RTMC, merely degrees of risk. If you have teeth like a Kosovan graveyard and very little time for work before you go, they may not take you (or they might, if you are providing a key capability which they cannot do without).

They also take records for forensic purposes (on a more cheery note!)

5. Not necessarily true Duke. They will give you a straight fail if they have mobilised more than they need and are looking for excuses to bin people. I have seen it.

6. Cost, need to get work done on NHS and time may be a factor. Also would need to way up the costs of going private.

7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Tell the CO of RTMC then. That is taken directly from his brief to Commander 16 Air Assault Bde 2 weeks ago.

8. msr

msr LE

Grotty individual.

9. and p.p.s. Duke, I was joking about the bucket and spade comment .... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Not that I would need a bucket and spade ... .spade maybe to dig myself out of this hole

10. Or you could administer yourself properly in the first place and not get yourself in the situation where you are worrying about this.

11. root canal is fine i had one and they didnt bat an eye lid in Chilwell, just when on my file,

12. Yes but if you pitch up needing root canal then it would be a problem

13. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I say again - not necessarily. If the receiving unit needs your particular trade or skill that much and/or they have the dental facilities to have the work carried out once mobilised and/or you have the required amount of recovery time post treatment before going overseas, then no, it may not be a problem.

Buckshee tom + overworked dental centre + departure in 2 weeks might make it a problem as the risk factors outweigh the benefits.

14. .......................

15. Helpful........... (what did they say about your genital warts,then ? )