Dental Standards for Chilwell

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Sack_them_all, Jan 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Can anyone advise what the dental standards are for Chilwell so I can make sure I am not knocked back when I attend later this year? Please PM me with details. Thanks in advance
  2. None really.

    Cat 1 - Has all their teeth.

    Cat 2 - Has some teeth.

    Cat 3 - Has no teeth.

    Simple :D
  3. The only requirement is that you are dentally fit. RTMC will do a max of an hours work (sometimes less - depends how busy they are) on an individuals teeth.

    I suggest you have a thorough check up, prior to go to RTMC. As you are not going until later this year, you have plenty of time.

    It may well be worth speaking to your PSAO about local Dental Centres carrying out check ups for TA soldiers prior to RTMC.
  4. It used to be that if you now needed any work on your gob whatsoever you were kicked back into civvy land until it was fixed.

    They are now slightly more relaxed and will now sometimes give you a chit that says the work must be carried out before you deploy... if you get the nice dentist on a good day, that is!
  5. take all the free dental checkups/work needed that you can chaps, because when you leave the service you have to pay a high price for dental care in civvie street.... bitter? Too right, just had a letter from my dentist saying, due to government changes they can not do ANY nhs dentistry as of April 2006....including children. There are no dentists around here that have nhs spaces and my kids (aged 5 and 8) will have to pay for their dental care too!!!
  6. You could meet the dentists half way by making sure your kids brush their teeth and don't eat lots of sweets. Off the wall I know, just an idea.
  7. Unless you Gummy Johnson you`ll be ok. Lots of luck, enjoy Chilwell its a gas!!!!!
  8. Just to be provocative - why the f*ck does everyone feel they need free dental treatment on the NHS anyway?

    Your teeth are your own responsibility - if you bought a car and refused to look after it properly, would you expect the governement to repair it for free?
  9. chaffinch, you are a legend. Could you please visit my practice for the day and tell all of my thick, whingeing, chav, scum patients just that. They earn more in benefits than I do as an NHS dentist- fcukers.
  10. Because it's part of the NHS - you know, free at the point of delivery ............ (or was) ???

    Personally, I just wish they'd stop the lies and admit that from now on, basic dental care is no longer a part of the NHS.
  11. Fang_Farrier

    Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    patients have always had to pay a portion of their NHS Fees.

    What has happened over the years is that the proportion of the overall fee has changed. If you work and have to pay for NHS dentistry then you pay 80% of the fee the dentist gets for that item. The Government pays the other 20%. If you don't pay then the Government pays 100%.

    Even so NHS dentistry is now economically unviable. Don't blame the dentists for the situation they find themselves in.
    We're not all driving around in Porsches or BMWs.
  12. You mean, I presume, that the porsche is for the wife and you have to make do with the Bentley and the Lamborgini at weekends. :wink:
  13. Fang_Farrier

    Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    No, by that I mean my L reg escort is currently in at ATS getting a new exhaust and am not sure if I've got enough to pay for it!
  14. Given the imbalance between supply and demand, it can only be something wrong with dentists' business sense that keeps them 'poor'. Unit prices charged don't have to be high and there is no shortage of sufferers.
  15. Fang_Farrier

    Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    It's ethics which keeps us working for the NHS rather than going private. Unit price is set by Goverment.

    Unfortunately more patients actually can be unprofitable as well. Too many patinets means that you end up doing lots of temporary patches and fillings rather than completing treatments, which is whne you get paid.