Dental Nurse / Qualified Nurse

Hi!

I'm looking to join the Army as a Dental Nurse (I am already qualified), I cant find much info online about what its like to work in dentistry in the army (or even the medical side of things)? I have my two night assessment next month so just looking for some background on what its like working.

Google is amazing, good luck.

Thank you! I think I have read through every possible google webpage I can in regards to medical and dentistry, it was more to try and hear from someone who has worked in this field!

Thank you! I think I have read through every possible google webpage I can in regards to medical and dentistry, it was more to try and hear from someone who has worked in this field!
I try to avoid dentists in fields, but seriously you might have see all that is on the net then.
Wait till the assessment and ask when their, they will realise you are keen & will help you or guide you to who can help you more.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Me, me. I know all about this. (as long as you don't mind 20 year old information!

Looking at the current RADC facebook page, there appears to be far more sporting and adventure training going than there was in my day.

The opportunity for a peacetime overseas posting are vastly reduced, there is only one Dental Centre left in Germany, Sennelager.

Basically dental nursing in the military is fairly similar to civilian in terms of the dentistry although your patients are mainly 18-30 year olds with nothing in their medical histories to worry about.

You will be required to maintain your military skills on various training days through the year, bit of first aid, CBRN, fitness, weapon handling but the military values you more for your dentistry skills than your ability to fight off hordes of hostile natives. That's what the infantry are for.

Thanks for your reply @Fang_Farrier ! I was most wondering about my chances of being overseas, when I went for my F2F briefing they gave the impression that I would most likely be abroad. I'll have a good look at the RADC facebook page I didn't know that existed so thank you. I suppose I will just need to see how far on I get in the process and where I end up, looking forward to it regardless!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Thanks for your reply @Fang_Farrier ! I was most wondering about my chances of being overseas, when I went for my F2F briefing they gave the impression that I would most likely be abroad. I'll have a good look at the RADC facebook page I didn't know that existed so thank you. I suppose I will just need to see how far on I get in the process and where I end up, looking forward to it regardless!
The difficulty can be that the recruitment staff are not always fully aware of workingsof the smaller Corps.

Latest Threads