Dental Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I had my front tooth knocked a while back and as a result it ended up snapping in half sideways and in someones head. I managed to get it back and have it glued back on.

Im wanting to join the paras and part of the training is milling. If I was to have my tooth knocked out during milling would this stop me carrying on with training and hold me back or would I just carry on?

Or is it an idea to get it capped before I join?

Thank you very much! :)

Hi, I had my front tooth knocked a while back and as a result it ended up snapping in half sideways and in someones head. I managed to get it back and have it glued back on.

Im wanting to join the paras and part of the training is milling. If I was to have my tooth knocked out during milling would this stop me carrying on with training and hold me back or would I just carry on?

Or is it an idea to get it capped before I join?

Thank you very much! :)
You're going to fit in with the Parachute Regiment just fine. Get that tooth capped and crack on.

Good luck for the future.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In my professional opinion, "it depends"

Way too many variables to give a definite answer.

With regard to the tooth itself these include:
how much tooth tissue is currently left, is the tooth vital, the angle of the fracture, is any of the fracture sub-gingival, what current over jet is, what exactly do you mean by "glued it back on", if you are actually registered with a dentist, if your dentist is providing AGPs at the moment.

With regard to a dental accident during training:
How much pain does it cause, does it stop you eating, how much time would it take to repair your tooth.

We do have dental centres at training establishments, you you can go and see a dentist but ideally you should be dentally fit before you go but the Army does realise that accidents happen. You may only get temporary treatment to last you until you reach your permanent unit and be seen by a Dental Officer there.

There are other aspects that may have a bearing but that's enough of a free consult.

Dr Death

War Hero
You might not know but in the UK we have dentists, some even NHS.
Suggest you visit one and get it fixed properly as might be damage around the tooth/roots.
As you perhaps like fighting, milling will be like a Friday night out for you but sober & no kebab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads