Dental Fillings

rb_1

Clanker
Hey guys,
I have a query in regards to dental fillings, have done a search but still a bit in the dark. I went to the dentist the other week for a check up and asked how many fillings I have. he said I had 4, I think the last one was from about 2 years ago. my teeth are pretty healthy now I've had no real problems for the past 2 years but I looked at the medical requirements and found that the max amount of fillings you can have is 4.

http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/general/BGN_RI15_Medical_Screening.pdf

seeing as I'm still in uni and won't be applying for another 3 years, if I got another cavity, and hence another filling, would I need a medical waiver? does anyone have any experience with their number of dental fillings and any problems they caused when enlisting? thanks in advance

Best ask Fang Farrier, he's a dentist and ex RADC I think.

PointBlank

Swinger
Post any info you find please, I've got quite a lot of fillings about 8 i counted and would hate such a small thing to bar me from entry.

What's happening to our armed forces?

You could have as many filling or few teeth as you liked plus you had to chomp your way through a packet of Biscuits Brown (or AB if tyou're a coffin dodger).

rb_1

Clanker
Post any info you find please, I've got quite a lot of fillings about 8 i counted and would hate such a small thing to bar me from entry.

I've been advised from a reliable source that it won't be a problem, if they've already been done. Seems the army is only concerned with active dental disease that are large scale such as gross decay or cavities.

The only military body that I have ever heard of that banned entry for having fillings was the Waffen SS. But they're all gone now.
The remnants were re-formed in to the SASC.

NSP

LE
OP - it's a radical idea, I know, but you could try looking after your teeth properly to avoid further cavities, especially if it's a worry with regard to future employment prospects (if just not eminently sensible in its own right).

Not to brag or anything but I'm a middle-aged fatty and I've no cavities/fillings and all thirty-two teeth so it is quite possible to not knacker your gnashers, despite a nasty Diet Coke habit. If you clean and maintain them properly.

Last edited:

PointBlank

Swinger
Sweet, was reading through some of the older threads on this subject and they also say its not a problem. It's put my mind at rest, cheers.

Just so long as you can bite the end off the cartridge you'll be fine :grin:
I should mention that the cartridges are greased with pig fat. That won't be a problem will it? :?

rb_1

Clanker
NSP, fair call. I've been pretty good for about 2 years now with no issues (brush my teeth twice a day and floss), as most of the cavities I had were in my early teens. Obviously I now have a bigger drive to keep them healthy and prime. As you said
Not to brag or anything but I'm a middle-aged fatty and I've no cavities/fillings and all thirty-two teeth

We all have our health issues and I'm trying to rectify mine. Thanks for the advice again.

It shouldn't be a problem having seen the snaggle-toothed denizens of Aldershot.

NSP

LE
NSP, fair call. I've been pretty good for about 2 years now with no issues (brush my teeth twice a day and floss), as most of the cavities I had were in my early teens. Obviously I now have a bigger drive to keep them healthy and prime. As you said

We all have our health issues and I'm trying to rectify mine. Thanks for the advice again.
It's easier for me to bin my belly than it is for you to replace your teeth. Once the second set is gone, it's gone. Falsies in your future then lie, hmmmmmmm.*

* © Yoda, a long time ago in a galaxy far, far way..

Hey guys,
I have a query in regards to dental fillings, have done a search but still a bit in the dark. I went to the dentist the other week for a check up and asked how many fillings I have. he said I had 4, I think the last one was from about 2 years ago. my teeth are pretty healthy now I've had no real problems for the past 2 years but I looked at the medical requirements and found that the max amount of fillings you can have is 4.

http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/general/BGN_RI15_Medical_Screening.pdf

seeing as I'm still in uni and won't be applying for another 3 years, if I got another cavity, and hence another filling, would I need a medical waiver? does anyone have any experience with their number of dental fillings and any problems they caused when enlisting? thanks in advance

Pull your teeth out. Without medication. Problem solved. The pain should stay with you a long time to make you think about looking after your teeth.

I remember having to troop off on the bus to Aldershot for all our intake to have a check up - week two I think it was. Anyway one of our number had to have 34 fillings! I thought we only had about 30 teeth FFS. He was going back and forth throughout training.......:eek: He was from Glasgow and had never seen a dentist

Latest Threads