Dental Care

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by lilads, Mar 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. HI, got really bad toothache at mo think it has infection my dentist charges bout £150 for treatment. is there any discount or anything for TA at local dentists? And what is the JPA
  2. Short answer , no.
  3. Fang_Farrier

    Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    Only if actually on active service at time and that doesn't mean a weekend!
  4. damn looks like piece of string then, do TA get any health care at all?
  5. Yes. It's called the NHS.
  6. Can you not get an emergency appointment at your local hospital?
  7. Yeah plenty, if you mobilise.
  8. Short answer no, long answer NHS direct 0845 4647. HTH
  9. Yeah i went today but they just done a temporary fix because they said i have to wait for my own dentist to take it out which cost me £55 arghh , lol thanks anyway worth a try
  10. try oil of clove on a bit of tissue , hold on affected tooth, gum. please beaware of ulceration of the skin.

    happy to help, p.s jock sauace may help to.....
  11. Er no its not, you only get it if your illness or injury is caused by your time in Service....otherwise NHS as above.

    Army has no duty of care to return to to Civi St during or after Mob service in the same nick to passed through Chillwell to get in.
  12. I can't believe the amount of TA punters I've met with a smile like a vandalised graveyard, the gopping mouthed civvy horrors. With the amount of bleating you ***** do about dental treatment, you might think a few of you would invest in a toothbrush. Or should you be able to claim on JPA for that too?

    Even if you did get free dental, most of you would still cut about with a front set that could scoff a sandwich through a tennis racket.

    Snaggletoothed minging *******.
  13. Fang_Farrier

    Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    Or you could burn a bit of hazel wood and waft the smoke over your head, about as affective.

    Ok, oil of clove may have an affect on early toothache (if it is still at reversible pulpitis stage, i.e. s just sensitive to hot and cold, not pressure or throbbing) but once at the irreversible stage (spontaneous pain, throbbing, pain spread to gum) then it will do nothing.

    Whisky, all it does it act as pain killer and there's no point swilling it round mouth, that does nothing. Better off taking neurofen and paracetamol leapfrogging if pain severe.

    But basically see a dentist. Even if it means paying. If on a low income then get an HC1, fill it out and you may get all or some of costs reinbursed.
  14. I tried that a couple of years ago - Saturday afternoon, abcess under one of my back teeth and no reply from my own dentist. In fcuking agony, phoned the local hospital to be told by some snotty female that as I had a dentist of my own I was not eligible to use the emergency dentist service which was reserved for those without. In other words, junkies, other assorted dole monkeys, Latvian doormen, Portugese fruit-pickers and Romanian beggars could access the service but I, who have paid income tax and National Insurance for 31 years, get fcuk all.
  15. Or probably if you'd phoned your dentist they'd have a message saying who to call out of hours.