Dennis Donaldson found shot dead

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cpunk, Apr 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

So PIRA have disarmed and turned their backs on the 'Armed Struggle' then?

BBC Report

2. News coming in that Stormontgate IRA spy Donaldson has been found dead with gunshot wounds in the Glenties area of Donegal.I wonder who did that.Just confirmed as murder.

3. Spin your way out of that one, Gerry and Tone.

4. helps if you can provide the links in future...here it is

5. All weapons beyond use..........................................................................................................

6. Suicide - just like Dr David Kelly.

7. Two questions

1) Why was he cut loose by his handlers in MI6/FRU/14 Det?

2) Why did it take PIRA so long to slot him? Admittedly he was in hiding in what ammounted to a shed but there was a period of time before he went on the run when he was still in NI and PIRA knew where he was. Why didn't they take the opportunity then?

All very strange

8. And is anyone surprised?

No one likes a spy, even those he has spied for,much less those he betrayed.

His choice, his reward
    Nuff said

9. That’s a relief or else he might turn up shot dead.

10. And I thought I was cynical :)

11. Now now, don't jump to conclusions

12. Yeah the round might have been left on a table he tripped and head butted so hard it went all the way in.

13. In hiding? In Ireland/NI? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, spot the tactical blunder.

14. Err - yes. I do agree that somebody shot him! 'Who shot him?' was my point, not 'Was he shot?'

Ian Paisley is on C4 news now speculating on who did it - shall we leave it to him?

15. While it would be fun to speculate that ian paisley shot him sadly its unlikely to be true. I realise what you said and my response was a sarcastic suggestion of what the Governments suggestion may be as its could not possible be those peace loving rogues the ira.