Denison smock repair

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Micawber, May 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm a bit pissed, to be honest, but have just returned from dinner with a neighbour who has a denison smock issued to a (possibly late) family member who was in the Guards Independent Parachute Company.

Anyway, she wears it in his honour/memory when out shooting/beating/picking up etc but the zipper is buggered and she now wants it repaired as close to 'properly' as possible rather than having a new Barbour one, or whatever, just horsed in as a replacement.

It's a 1970/71 issue and I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to where she could send it.

As I said, I have had a few but I got quite misty eyed when she showed it to me as I haven't seen one since I handed in my own and it is a proper family artifact that deserves to be treated with respect and repaired properly.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Just realised this should probably be in the mil hist militaria bit but hey, that's whisky for you.

2. i thought they stopped making them several years back ???

3. Could well be, I don't know - thought it might be helpful.

4. Soldier of fortune in the UK do sell Denison parts too ! spare poppers & Zips. you can also get them off Ebay as well. The chap who i PM'd the details over makes Mk1 Denisons, the best you can get. The Radar one was a Mk2. From the dates the OP's one is the Suez era pattern.

5. I shall retire, since you clearly know that of which you speak :)

6. Many thanks to you both,

Cheers