Democrats take the Senate

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by _Artemis_, Nov 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Associated Press report Democrats have taken Virginia and the Senate! AP Woo hoo! I'm sure a more measured, sensible response is in order, but it's 02:31 and I'm happy :)
  2. Excellent!!

George W is going to have to barter his foriegn adventures to keep the peace at home.

Its a bit early for a drink but what the hell
  3. Mine's a double brandy with ice, armchair: cheers!
  4. Best news I had since the wife f''cked off!
  5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

6. Hope it's true.
    Mind you evan a Brain such as I, can't see a fair and honerable solution to the Mess created by King George and his minions.
  7. Its mainly vengance John not a solution, it feels good because it fcuks up the chancers in the White house.

Is it possible that Congress while holding investigations into the past few years may summon Bliar to testify?
  8. Surely too much to hope for? Can't see them summoning a foreign head of state - too much of a diplomatic nightmare - or Tony going if called.
  9. But he is their bitch, I can see them asking and him having to say yes otherwise his stock in the States (and his future job (remember his wifes spending habits!) is going to be damaged). The Dems are no freinds to New Liebour, Tony has helped George W immensely to articulate and spin various bits of Evil bullshit to the American People. Tony could not resist any new opportunity to say 'Well you know...'

Oh the Glory of it.

Then when Tony is over there all we need is for a fine upstanding gun owning US citizen with one of those 'home defence' Barrat 50's to have a 'moment of clarity'
  10. Now that's a keeper! :rofl:
  11. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Quite right, If George II, Cornwallis et al had managed not
    to lose the war, then none of this would have happened!!!

In a touch of Irony have a read of the previous President's
    Britsh Military career:

General Sir William Clinton
  12. The US Generals who hitherto have been silenced will now be heard. Understandably many people doubt whether policy will change, I believe it will. My money is on partition. Blair will soon be on his own, at least until he gets his new orders from the boss.
  13. With Bumsfelt out of the way, there's only one set of blokes to blame - the Generals (forgetting that George II once relished in his appointment as CinC). Not too different from the closing stages of the Vietnam war.

Perhaps it's time for Brown to step in, shuffle the cabinet and come up with a new approach.

As a matter of interest, a chain email hit my inbox this week with a number of pics; this one gripped my sh1tter. Thought I'd share it. Needless to say, I didn't post it on, risking the 'bad luck'.
    Sleeve patch says 'doing the work of'. Whose war?

Attached Files:

14. I'm not sure how good this is. The democrats have the potential to

A. Balance the scales of power for the better

B. Get vindictive and create a rushed and haphazzard withdrawal out of spite, doing more damage in Iraq than has already been done and dooming Iraqi soldiers and informants to torture and beheading.

The jury is still out on this

Overall this just means that they've done better at hiding scandals than the GOP has.
  15. I've just heard a belter by Bush. Commenting on the mid-terms today, he said, "I thought we were going to do ok. Just shows you what I know." And he wasn't even trying to be funny!