Democrats Should Read Kipling

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by armchair_jihad, Feb 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In full -

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/18/opinion/18kristol.html?ref=opinion

2. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

And your point would be?

(I'm sure you do have one, but I'm trying to get away from the huge chunks of cut and paste with no comments that had become a hallmark of this forum!)

3. Well an article in one of the world’s leading newspapers about two major International men of letters, Kipling and Orwell, in the context of today’s troubles (I for one was not aware of Orwell’s writing about Kipling), should not really need justification.

Mainly though I posted it because I am in agreement with the thrust of the article, that there is an erroneous tendency in left leaning US (&EU) circles to regard George W and the Republicans as the sole architects of the World’s problems and once (if) a Democrats gets into power a blanket of peace and well being will smother us all.

I post articles in a cut and paste format not just links because I and a number of others, live and work in areas where bandwidth and connectivity are not God given rights.

Nothing is more frustrating than clicking an ever failing link thats surrounded by ‘how informative!’ And ‘what a superb article!’ posts.

4. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Thanks A-J and I understand why you posted it. However if you look through this forum you will see we do get rather a lot of cut and paste with no comment.... I'm aware that a lot of posters in this forum find it intensely annoying and I'm trying to get the people who post such articles to at least comment on them.

I knew you'd have something reasonably intelligent to say about it - hence me poking you to say it!