Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Democratic Football Lads Alliance... EDL in footie tops?

While there seems (to me) to be little doubt the original Football Lads Alliance was set up to protest / counter Islamist extremism, it seems to me to be taking an increasingly Islamophobic stance. Their FB page shows a badge saying they're against all extremism, but from what I can tell, its only Islam that gets them cross.

A mate of mine was on the march saturday and says they where kettled and provoked by the OB, but threatening to kill a Cop plus flicking a Nazi salute really does smack of the EDL but in a slightly different guise, and really, really does them no favours.

Thoughts?

https://www.facebook.com/The-True-F...FelSkn65TY1NhcaAuBtKKp2yTRQHbsraW2zK8TnCwKVEA

March by 'Democratic Football Lads' Alliance' turns violent | Daily Mail Online

Judging by The Mail phots, it’s quite clearly a congregation of the Adidas Sambas appreciation society.

The Labour Party say they're against all extremism, but from what I can tell, its only Jews that gets them cross whilst they support every terrorist organisation that stands against our values, with a Leader that was supposed to a spy for a foreign government

Yet still they are the official opposition, a bit more to worry about than a few football hooligans surely

While there seems (to me) to be little doubt the original Football Lads Alliance was set up to protest / counter Islamist extremism, it seems to me to be taking an increasingly Islamophobic stance. Their FB page shows a badge saying they're against all extremism, but from what I can tell, its only Islam that gets them cross.

A mate of mine was on the march saturday and says they where kettled and provoked by the OB, but threatening to kill a Cop plus flicking a Nazi salute really does smack of the EDL but in a slightly different guise, and really, really does them no favours.

Thoughts?

https://www.facebook.com/The-True-F...FelSkn65TY1NhcaAuBtKKp2yTRQHbsraW2zK8TnCwKVEA

#Triggered

What is it with you people in green coats and the "M" word?

Thoughts?

Its inevitable

An anti Islamic group / alt right or even a moderate** anti immigration group is going to attract the sort of Far right retards that latched onto the EDL after finding the BNP to intellectually challenging. After which of course they become just another far right bunch of thugs regardless of the nobility of the original intent

Like wise any Pro immigration / anti fascist / anti capitalist group is going to attract the type of far left retards that scream police state whilst demanding the police arrest anyone with an opinion they dont like

** People opposed to immigration (or indeed population growth) as a general overcrowding / sustainability argument rather than immigrants per se

Edit

Of course it would be interesting to know if the violence was started by the far right thugs rather than the far left thugs

As was demonstrated in Bristol when several hundred Unite against facism mongs caused trouble but the blame was laid at the feet of the 20 EDL mongs - and the UAF were caught up in the violence as the counter protest turned ugly -

Last edited:
If they had learned how to play Rugby instead, none of this unpleasantness would have happened in the first place.
And another thing. I now live in London and the weather In Saturday was unseasonably warm. So why did so many of those protesting feel the need for balaclavas? Presumably their mums were worried they’d catch something like the Islam or summit.

Perhaps they also missed the unintentional irony of declaring streets like Park Lane as ‘our streets’ when they’re largely owned with Arabic or (dodgy) Russian money.