"Dementia Day Service Display" - help with uniforms

i am putting on a forces day for the dementia day service where i work. we have a few ladies who were in the ATS and a few who were in the WLA (i have made that uniform) I don't have the budget to buy the relevant era clothing ... this is my nan in the ATS. has anyone got the hat or one similar, that they could take clear all round pictures and measurements , so i could make one please
254567_10150632819930181_2451411_n.jpg

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Try the National Army Museum : tsc@nam.ac.uk.
Enquiries | National Army Museum

pretty sure they will have original ATS uniforms and a bevy of curators who can help

I think that's a forage cap, but someone will be along shortly to tell you for sure.

Good luck.

PS - you might want to open your original post and re-title the thread - ' Dementia Display ' to save the grammar Nazis from getting all irritable :)

Hi,

It's an ATS Field Service Cap. If you look this up on Google, you should see some examples. Thepattern is the same as the standard British Army field service cap of the period, but in the Brown cloth with green piping an red top inset as you can see in the link below.

Real ones are rare and expensive, but reproductions are available, here, for example. This will also give you an idea of the colours.

ATS Field Service Cap

I hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Adrian

Try the National Army Museum : tsc@nam.ac.uk.
Enquiries | National Army Museum

pretty sure they will have original ATS uniforms and a bevy of curators who can help

I think that's a forage cap, but someone will be along shortly to tell you for sure.

Good luck.

PS - you might want to open your original post and re-title the thread - ' Dementia Display ' to save the grammar Nazis from getting all irritable :)
Thank you :) i will contact them tomorrow and as for the grammar nazis ...if They can help two that wood bee g8 :p

Hi,

It's an ATS Field Service Cap. If you look this up on Google, you should see some examples. Thepattern is the same as the standard British Army field service cap of the period, but in the Brown cloth with green piping an red top inset as you can see in the link below.

Real ones are rare and expensive, but reproductions are available, here, for example. This will also give you an idea of the colours.

ATS Field Service Cap

I hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Adrian
Thank you, I have looked at this but sadly still out of my price range as i still have a few more bits a pieces to gather, which is why i am going to try and make one :)

You could try google to see if you have a local Reenactor's group, or try the town's theatre company for their costume archive. It sounds a very worthwhile project, good luck.