Dementia - Alzheimers Society

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Wotcher people who remember half crowns ;-)

I'm lucky. Within grasping distance of my own bus pass and knees still more or less in working order.

Touch wood, my head also appears to be working reasonably well at the moment...
[subject to change and a work in progress....]

Quite a few folk aren't so lucky - including a friend's father who after a long and succesful career can't remember how to drive himself home.

As I know you all know:

Dementia afflicts 800,000 people in this country. 670,000 people are carers for loved ones who are sufferers. .

So I'm doing the BUPA 10,000 in London this month on behalf of Alzheimer's Society.

If you know someone with dementia or someone who looks after a loved one with the condition - please sponsor me to run on their behalf:

http://www.justgiving.com/RogersLondonrun

Thanks.

( and apologies for gettin' the begging bowl out AGAIN !)

Don Cabra

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
For any Terry Pratchett fans who haven't seen, the author talks about the disease:

' When you've got cancer you're ' a brave battler'; when you've got Alzheimers you're an old fart.'

Let me know when you are in town. I might treat you to a slap up meal and a passing sniff of my PA's Ron Hill's.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I would need a pic of your PA first :)

- but as ever mate, happy to meet up for swift restorative after my admittedly heroic efforts* !

Tattersall Castle works for me?

And dear GungyThree - used to work with one of your OC's a while back. Good bloke.

Delighted to compare notes same day same place....they have seagulls too, but I'm told they don't go well with chips.

I appreciate every other bugger has his boring 'oohh look at me an' my charidee ' post on here - if that offends you don't follow the link :)

Hope the sun shines on Old London Town today - 'cos the South Coast Riviera is lookin' GAWGEOUS !

pip pips and all that rot, what?

Don Cabra

* may contain traces of irony. For the Cousins, this is like 'goldy' - only more ferrous.

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
< a gentle BUMP >

Seagulls are crunchy...

Spooky stuff - conversation at work today with a lady :-

' I was married for forty years - husband died of Alzheimer's...'

Any non-useable beer tokens in excess of today's requirements most gratefully received ;-)

http://www.justgiving.com/rogerslondonrun

Thank you.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ordinary people...dealing with a difficult disease the best they can....

Living with dementia - The Wilson's story

Latest Threads