• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

DEME(A)s Conference - What did I miss?

#4
Outstanding said:
The biscuits were not stale.
Unlike everything else about it! Why oh why cannot Senior Officers actually speak honestly and openly, I guess that the prospect of yet further promotion prevents it.[/quote]

Thank god you put them right then!

Was it like looking at a line up of Churchill dogs in a back window?
Oh yessssssss!
 
#5
Outstanding said:
bohica said:
PCLG said:
What were the highlights of the DEME(A) conference I sadly missed?
The biscuits were not stale.
Unlike everything else about it! Why oh why cannot Senior Officers actually speak honestly and openly, I guess that the prospect of yet further promotion prevents it.
After a certain rank it's all politics in today's modern army.

Dont forget, if they get the sack the pension goes as well.

Thats a Final wage = monthly pension scheme.

Cant blame them really. After over 30 years service to loose everything just by being honest and STILL not making a blind bit of difference!
 
#6
oldgoat said:
Outstanding said:
bohica said:
PCLG said:
What were the highlights of the DEME(A) conference I sadly missed?
The biscuits were not stale.
Unlike everything else about it! Why oh why cannot Senior Officers actually speak honestly and openly, I guess that the prospect of yet further promotion prevents it.
After a certain rank it's all politics in today's modern army.

Dont forget, if they get the sack the pension goes as well.

Thats a Final wage = monthly pension scheme.

Cant blame them really. After over 30 years service to loose everything just by being honest and STILL not making a blind bit of difference!
Yes we forget they are not MP's, They dont get a full years wage, full Pension and there own small country to rob at their pleasure.

So then ask yourself at what rank do they turn into "Churchill Dogs"?
 
#8
PCLG said:
What were the highlights of the DEME(A) conference I sadly missed?
Did they not hold the conference in an iso container suspended in the air, or was it standing underneath again.

Ah well cant remember sure we will see it all in the Cfn.
 
#9
catchyerselfon said:
Outstanding said:
The biscuits were not stale.
Unlike everything else about it! Why oh why cannot Senior Officers actually speak honestly and openly, I guess that the prospect of yet further promotion prevents it.
Thank god you put them right then!

Was it like looking at a line up of Churchill dogs in a back window?
Oh yessssssss!

Ooooooow; you cynical bugger you! :D
 
#10
On reflection I am not suprised, dissappointed perhaps but not suprised.

Morale is an intangible term used for the capacity of people to maintain belief in an institution or a goal, or even in oneself and others.

Sadly the degradation of the effort placed on Human Resource Management by the military over recent years has had the effect of creating a lack of confidence, a sense of real suspicion and mistrust; that linked with constant denials of the weakness of the system has reduced morale. Many soldiers really (really) feel that their career management/ advice/further training and overall improvement is not being properly managed.

Looking at the system, the HR Managers are very seldom (if ever) actually qualified to manage Human Resources. They are, rather, extremely ambitious, bright young men and women, who know that if they complete 18 months of hard work, effectively "firefighting" and posting staff around the place; that they will come out the other side with the "tick in the box" they need for personal advancement.

Continuity, one of the precepts of HR Management is not a well used ideal. Further destroying the little trust there may be in the system is the fact that these HR Mangers seem often to find themselves in strangely exotic, attractive or much sought after posts after their time within HR management. Perhaps subsequent postings should be fixed in cement before they are commited to be inside thesystem, from where they are potentially able to manipulate their own future jobs.

The solution to this may be to take more civilian staff on, or to post individuals who are not fast tracking into the HR Management area, providing them with in-service HR qualifications before they are taken on strength.

-----Or not!!
 
#11
I can't believe it was all that bad?

No updates on the grand plans for the corps? Surely they didn't let the ever precious Aviation wing of the Corps blow smoke up their own ass.
 
#12
What about the Tiffy 'Jack of all trades' malarkey? Land Systems and Air Systems?
Recent make it up as you go along CLM rules for the lads on promotion boards?
Side belts and hammer and pincer badges?
 
#13
catchyerselfon said:
What about the Tiffy 'Jack of all trades' malarkey? Land Systems and Air Systems?
Recent make it up as you go along CLM rules for the lads on promotion boards?
Side belts and hammer and pincer badges?
Well, yeah, all of that was mentioned Catchy actually!

Outstanding - are you actually in the REME? & WTF are you going on about HR managers for?!! MCM Div have never been more transparent or approachable in my (humble & 18 years of) experience.
Sure, there are times lads dont get what they want but it can't be easy to juggle the careers of so many men in such a demanding time.
 
#15
I second your comments on RSW. By giving us more transparency it can create more questions though. I, however, like it this way. I honestly dont think there are gremlins and ghouls at work in K house, a bunch of people (overworked) trying their hardest not as some would have you think, trying hard to see you off.





We have had to toe the line on Army policy in a lot of areas. Promo dates CLM etc
I doff my REME Side hat to them all up there.
(REME Side hats now theres a good un to get in someones head!)

edited to try and beat that moving banner
 
#16
bohica said:
oldgoat said:
Outstanding said:
bohica said:
PCLG said:
What were the highlights of the DEME(A) conference I sadly missed?
The biscuits were not stale.
Unlike everything else about it! Why oh why cannot Senior Officers actually speak honestly and openly, I guess that the prospect of yet further promotion prevents it.
After a certain rank it's all politics in today's modern army.

Dont forget, if they get the sack the pension goes as well.

Thats a Final wage = monthly pension scheme.

Cant blame them really. After over 30 years service to loose everything just by being honest and STILL not making a blind bit of difference!
Yes we forget they are not MP's, They dont get a full years wage, full Pension and there own small country to rob at their pleasure.

So then ask yourself at what rank do they turn into "Churchill Dogs"?
At the point when the wife says Blah blah blah blah kids blah etc blah if you stpeek-out then I want a divorce blah blah.

And if an officer does not have wife and kids then he is probably open to blackmail. Or at least the hint of "???".

There have been enough comments and pointed pokes at the very top of the army over the past couple of years.
Are you expecting the reme top brass to grow balls and commit suicide.

If so may be be you should be the first and show them the way?

sorry for the stutter.
 
#17
And for those that missed my comment on reme and the future.

The reme was born in 194? because the ammount of military and civilian eqpt was simply !fcuking huge".

In 2009 the ammount of mil eqpt has shrunk to the point below that in 194?.

it will be reduced even more over the next 10 years.

any replacement plans for main armour or what ever will be cancelled by the next gobment.

Even the possibility of the RAF being disbanded is not impossible.

The MOD money pot will reduce by 25% from 2010.

The gobment will have the choice:


social services ie NHS, schools, asylem seekers OR MOD.

If you dont know the answer then may be you should look at transferring to Aussieland etc.
 
#18
sparky8 said:
catchyerselfon said:
What about the Tiffy 'Jack of all trades' malarkey? Land Systems and Air Systems?
Recent make it up as you go along CLM rules for the lads on promotion boards?
Side belts and hammer and pincer badges?
Well, yeah, all of that was mentioned Catchy actually!

Outstanding - are you actually in the REME? & WTF are you going on about HR managers for?!! MCM Div have never been more transparent or approachable in my (humble & 18 years of) experience.
Sure, there are times lads dont get what they want but it can't be easy to juggle the careers of so many men in such a demanding time.
Transparency and approachability are not qualtities I recognise, in a system where you have to go through third parties to discuss your career, and then accept what you are told without any reasonable chance of real debate or argument. Bit like Iranian Demoicracy - its Democaracy but not as we know it!
 

Latest Threads