Delhi rapist says victim shouldn't have fought back

Status
Not open for further replies.

earth

LE
An endemic and barbaric disregard for human life?

Now a story of spontaneous combustion of baby boy is a pandemic issue ?

You sir are an Indophobe and you have got issues.

earth

LE
It's indicative of the attitude that some lives are more valuable than others.

And the fact that the authorities want to supress the film made by Leslie Udwin is indicative that the rapists' views about the behaviour of the victim are held widely. The authorities would rather deal with how they have come to be embarrassed than condemn in no uncertain terms attitudes such as his.

India has a rule to not to allow media from showing victim's face or giving airtime to heinous criminals besides it would have created huge public outcry and gazillions of litigations.So it's better to ban it entirely.
Had it been a plain documentary without the interview,nobody would have objected to it.

S0I

LE
India has a rule to not to allow media from showing victim's face or giving airtime to heinous criminals besides it would have created huge public outcry and gazillions of litigations.So it's better to ban it entirely.
Had it been a plain documentary without the interview,nobody would have objected to it.

So hide it and hope everyone forgets?

NSP

LE
You've never seen a broadcast where people have their face hidden and voice altered, or are pixelated, then...?

Utter utter crap
NO what it is India would just like to sweep the affair under the carpet and instead put up this pretence and tell the world about their space programme and their aircraft carriers and their nuclear submarines ...

Last edited:
Seriously..... bringing 13th century stuffs to discuss ?

The issue is about challenges faced by modern women and not medieval women.In the same breath,why not talk about "Hanged,drawn and quartered" ,the most barbaric and despicable way of killing someone ?

Earth, the problem is that it seems a significant section of Indian society (the rural, ill educated, tribal sections) still act like they are living in the 13th century and seem to have no intention of changing that. The fact that there is an educated, first-world aware section does not change this fact. You keep arguing that it's just an individual here, a madman there and pointing the finger at our past. The problem is, it's NOT an individual, it's a whole section of your society. Our past is actually our past - British society has moved on and no longer behaves like the cases you point out AS A SOCIETY.

India has a lot of work to do to be able to say the same, and while people like you continue to deny and deflect from the fact that this is a genuine issue, India will not be an economic power anything.

FInally, why on earth (ha!) did you think it was sensible to come onto a UK based site for military people and start posting about how your country was going to be better than the UK? What sort of reaction do you think I would get if I went to an Indian based forum and told them all they were all backwards and their economy was shite?

earth

LE
You've never seen a broadcast where people have their face hidden and voice altered, or are pixelated, then...?

We in India don't want to listen to what he has to say.We want him hanged.This opinion is shared by overwhelming majority.

We know what happens when criminals are given airtime.Just look at the incident of mass shootings in the US.

We are a very young nation where an average person is in his teens .We don't want him to pollute their mind with his diabolical views.

earth

LE
So hide it and hope everyone forgets?

There are gazillions of videos,movies,documentaries made on this incident and on rape issues of India.

We are only objecting to the interview portion of this documentary which is just too gross to watch.

Please tell me what has this got to do with the said topic ?
Comparitive analysis earth. Like what you do all the time on every subject.
Making a comparison between primative behaviour then and now.

Who is this "we" that you speak of? Do you represent every Indian then? No. I'm sure that there are plenty of Indians who believe that the documentary should be shown. You don't want it to be shown because it sheds light on typical Indian male attitudes.

earth

LE
Earth, the problem is that it seems a significant section of Indian society (the rural, ill educated, tribal sections) still act like they are living in the 13th century and seem to have no intention of changing that. The fact that there is an educated, first-world aware section does not change this fact. You keep arguing that it's just an individual here, a madman there and pointing the finger at our past. The problem is, it's NOT an individual, it's a whole section of your society. Our past is actually our past - British society has moved on and no longer behaves like the cases you point out AS A SOCIETY.

India has a lot of work to do to be able to say the same, and while people like you continue to deny and deflect from the fact that this is a genuine issue, India will not be an economic power anything.

I know all that but as i said i will blame the government and not the poor.

We are a very young nation where an average person is in his teens .We don't want him to pollute their mind with his diabolical views.

So you're saying that your countrys people are too stupid to be able to formulate their own moral code and are easily corrupted by someone whom you claim the entire country despises anyway?
And you show your own prejudiced views against women when you say the average person is in HIS teens. Are women not people then?

And all this from a country which in your own sig block you think is the birthplace of civilisation?

India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend

Got the Caste system to deal with as well.

stand by- it's coming.... "there are laws etc etc" " it's a thing of history"
No it's not

Just given up watching the documentary about the rape on the bus on BBC4 - too disturbing and I don't need any nightmares tonight.

The blokes involved will get what they deserve when they dangle on a rope but that won't bring the girl back or make any difference to her poor parents but
at least it will remove some animals from the gene pool.

The defence lawyers should be struck off however - their attitudes towards women are no better than the scum who carried out the attack.

Rodney2q

Just given up watching the documentary about the rape on the bus on BBC4 - too disturbing and I don't need any nightmares tonight.

The blokes involved will get what they deserve when they dangle on a rope but that won't bring the girl back or make any difference to her poor parents but
at least it will remove some animals from the gene pool.

The defence lawyers should be struck off however - their attitudes towards women are no better than the scum who carried out the attack.

Rodney2q

Likewise I tried watching it on the bus. I managed to get all the way through it but it put me in a bloody foul mood. Degenerates will get what they deserve when they are dangling by the neck.

Seriously disturbing and troubling documentary.

Very well made programme, depressing to be true, but well made.

Status
Not open for further replies.