Deleted

Call up the Op Yewtree team and turn yourself in. Your departure will swiftly follow

What is the correct procedure for leaving as an AI?

So far I have had no response to any communication I have sent and am left literally holding the Detachment keys and not wanting to be part of the organisation.

Cheers for any guidance.
Dunno but gie us yer beltkit...
What size boots are you?

You give 28 days notice to the Commandant, cc CEO. Square everything your responsible for away, take your issued kit, accounts etc, ID card and keys to your HQ, and give them to your CAA, walk away.

If you are an officer, you will be expected to resign your commission, again a letter will do..

1) Change your Username to "harry flashman"

2) Purchase a vast amount of surplus military clothing and wear it at every opportunity, no matter how inappropriate.

3) Attempt to suck start a .22 rifle in your Detachment.

He's got some smart pouches on it...I know I passed them on to him ;)
...and they are now residing with some very happy cadets. The stuff I have left will be split, placed in a black bag and left at a central location for the little people to fight over.

I should make £250 on You've been framed as they fight each other for a yoke! :)

Beltkit?

In the ******* ACF?:eek:
Oh yes!!! Triple mag pouches take 3 x Lion Bars perfectly. Pistol mag did hold a pen knife but now holds a packet of polos. Utility pouched have been changed to Haribo pouches and lastly, the First Aid Kit contains lube, pictures of kittens and zip ties.

Alternatively, you buy/borrow/scrounge belt kit for your 1 week course because you are told you have to by people back at Battalion......and it then sits in your garage gathering dust.

1) Change your Username to "harry flashman"

2) Purchase a vast amount of surplus military clothing and wear it at every opportunity, no matter how inappropriate.

3) Attempt to suck start a .22 rifle in your Detachment.

I am a little confused....I had to do that before my BIC.

I turned up to my FAMAS weekend in blue issue PT shorts, woolly pulley, Combats High, a set of 58 webbing and a para helmet.

I think it went down well as the RSM was dressed the same.

During the interviews I was a little confused as I did not expect to be interviewed by a Japanese Admiral (he did not look very Japanese if I am honest), a SAS trooper with stick on tache and black nasty and a Army Catering Corp assault pioneer...but you live and learn.

You give 28 days notice to the Commandant, cc CEO. Square everything your responsible for away, take your issued kit, accounts etc, ID card and keys to your HQ, and give them to your CAA, walk away.

If you are an officer, you will be expected to resign your commission, again a letter will do..
Many thanks...I shall try this route...

Simply stop turning up???

Go to nearest regular military unit. Explain who you are at the guardroom, say you will be away for a bit, and have them book the keys in for safe keeping. Get them to write an entry in their occurrence book.

Write a letter explaining that you have become disillusioned, and make three or four points with specific times, names/appointments and make sure you have irrefutable evidence that your beefs are true.

End with "I thought it important to bring these matters to the attention of higher authority. The keys to the det are booked into the guardroom of 14 Mess Tin Repair Unit, Barking Bks, Sometown".

Address the letter to the Chief of the General Staff, Ministry of Defence, Whitehall, London. SW1A 2HB and send recorded delivery.

Of course CGS won't give a toss, and will punt it three floors down to SO2 Pissed Mattresses and Cadets, but shit does indeed roll downhill...

Last edited: