Deleted Threads.

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Mad_Moriarty, Dec 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nice to see the Arrse fun Police deleting threads again.

I guess they do not agree with a bit of humour!!. :wink:

I would'nt have minded if it had been moved to the Arrse hole section.!

At least PTP will give you a reason why if something is deleted in Current Affairs.
  2. Probably just the one mod, being a pr1ck. As per.
  3. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Whats been deleted and from where?
  4. nothing was deleted

it was a post with an internet link in. it was moved to the sticky thread like most of the other ones of similar standing.

5. Why not say that when it was moved then? :roll:
  6. Porridge_gun

Flash there was no need in this instance, common sence would tell you why it was moved there.

If a thread is deleted, agreed a PM should be sent, but if a thread is moved due to a bone cnut not reading the etiquette thread and placed in the appropriate one then I think we all have better things to do.

When your mummy wiped your botty, did she tell you every time why she did it?

There is a thread stating the rules of the forum, don't follow them, don't expect the courtesy of a PM when you don't show the same by posting outside of the right threads..... I think thats fair?

I trust The Guru will now apologise to the pr1ck?

7. But, daddy, we need to be led by the hand.

Some things are objective and therefore easy to gauge, others are totally subjective and require the intellect/wit/charm of the moderator to make the decision. It is the latter that may bring the heat up due to the wide variety of moderation standards. An obvious rule breech is a fair one. It is actually black and white. The moderators decision is always final but to maintain a little bit of credibility (I do believe you need a bit as one), posting a throw away comment when someone has asked a reasonable question after a thread has been ditched where it is not clear why it has gone is not going to maintain a smooth flow.

I remember a time when the admin/moderators used to listen to some of the members points. Seems to have stopped now.
  8. Porridge_gun

Its not stopped at all, Moriaty without reading his past posts elected to start another campaign stamping his feet about deleted threads, when in fact it hadn't been deleted.

May I divert you to the two sticky/ announcements at the top of the NAAFI forum, should they need explaining more simply please let me know and I'll get a playschool teacher to simplify them.

clicky for simple rules

I could go to town on that....... but I won't :D

The truth is, you want to start a fight for the sake of it, by your own confession you couldn't give a flying fcuk and you want martyring on the way with an O2 tag prior to banning...... You haven't got a beef with moderation you just want to be naughty and cause a stir. On the way you will pick up gullible silly boy followers who will remain nameless to fight your cause and throw stones.

Tell me I'm wrong and give me a moustache ride? :D

9. I do actually have a beef with moderation at times. You know I have because we have chatted about it at great length.

I'd rather 'fight' on my own. I don't need the likes of some who have 'jumped on my bandwagon' on my side ta.

I thought it was a reasonable point. Shame some don't want to agree in public. ;)
  10. Porridge_gun

Do us a favour then and tell some of the turds

It is a reasonable point and I do agree with some of what you said, some I don't...... I won't say anything behind anyones back that I won't say to thier face.

If a thread is deleted the originator deserves an explanation via PM or on the boards, if its bone and just a matter of cleaning up then it will just be done and common sense should tell the originator why it was used, as opposed to a public humiliation of jamming the rules down thier throat...

I thinks thats fair?
  11. More than fair. Now all you need to do is have a mods training day and teach some of them the common sense approach to moderation. Some of them are treating the Batcave like a sixth form common room and don't actually contribute much to the site. :wink:
  12. Porridge_gun

Get it off your chest then?

We can only fix if we know whats broken
  13. And another thing I missed in your previous post!

If I wanted to be banned, I would have done so by now dont you think?

I do like a good fight on the internet though. Just another one of my pointless hobbies. :D
  14. Porridge_gun

Oh I dunno mate....... not sure you're sharp enough :D :D :D

15. Hey, this could be like BAFF. BARF, British Army Rumour Federation.

I think some have been flagging up a few problems for a little while.

1. If a moderator deletes/moves a thread (when it is not blatantly obvious why they have), a quick note is usually all that is required and will prevent anymosity (sometimes).

I'll add some more when I can be bothered...........