Deleted Thread

Just wondering like:
did the creator of the most recent anti-Corps Senior WO1 thread get his collar felt?

I write this as someone that commonly gets their collar felt for inadvertent slips of the tongue i.e. not keeping my mouth shut when I really should have.

Knowing how that WO1 operates it would not surprise me in the least!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Only seen not met. To that end though what degree on anonymity is there for users of this site? I.e can the Corps Colonel make a quick call and get a posters details?

D

Davetheclown

100% sure on that, the mods here are really good, I used to post here as another guise. Something happened which breached PERSEC and the mods absolutely nuked everything. They got me out of a sticky wicket, and my details were never passed to anyone.

He already knows who you are bill!

Read the news, your online details are secure until the police get in touch!

What you often find is users will be making the same conversation both on and offline (especially trade and corps issues). Combine that with a trawl through of all of your posts and you can pick up enough personal data to hazard a good to solid ID of a user :-D

I get the police thing, more than happy with big brother, just not the possibility of a 'little' brother knowing who I am. Obviously being balled out in front of a lot of people then posting a damning thread isn't a good idea, but getting mugged off by Glasgow because my Bahama's Cadet Training instructor post didn't come through should be fairly anonymous.

Alsacien

MIA
I get the police thing, more than happy with big brother, just not the possibility of a 'little' brother knowing who I am. Obviously being balled out in front of a lot of people then posting a damning thread isn't a good idea, but getting mugged off by Glasgow because my Bahama's Cadet Training instructor post didn't come through should be fairly anonymous.
Well as Disco said, we can try and manage obvious persec giveaways, but if you create your own individual solar system of hints and clues, there is not much to stop someone with a bit of nous putting 2 and 2 together and taking a punt at 4.

Well as Disco said, we can try and manage obvious persec giveaways, but if you create your own individual solar system of hints and clues, there is not much to stop someone with a bit of nous putting 2 and 2 together and taking a punt at 4.
1. understood!.
2. I am going to use the 'own personal solar system' quote and pretend it's mine.
3. Why did the Senior Corps Warrant Officer thread get removed? It generated the most activity I've seen on this board for many years, it even drew some old faces back into the fray (PD).

Alsacien

MIA
1. understood!.
2. I am going to use the 'own personal solar system' quote and pretend it's mine.
3. Why did the Senior Corps Warrant Officer thread get removed? It generated the most activity I've seen on this board for many years, it even drew some old faces back into the fray (PD).
I have only recently started MOD duty in here, if nobody answers, I can take a look into it if anyone thinks its a big deal, but no promises.
Not only am I out, but I quote army'isms in places I cannot mention, and you cannot imagine, there is no copyright! Fill your boots.

It was pulled because it broke the site rules on personal information.

If you want more information then I suggest you email GoodCO direct but as you were not the original poster or the person identified by the thread the answer will be non of your business, unless your owning up to the sock puppet account used, maybe its worth an IP check.

unless your owning up to the sock puppet account used, maybe its worth an IP check.
Oh yes, the famous IP check; there's incontrovertible proof

It was pulled because it broke the site rules on personal information.

If you want more information then I suggest you email GoodCO direct but as you were not the original poster or the person identified by the thread the answer will be non of your business, unless your owning up to the sock puppet account used, maybe its worth an IP check.
Thanks. Not my sock puppet account (or would be due to lack of technical ability) though I did jump on the bandwagon. Come to think of it, it was like walking into the Three Choughs on a Saturday afternoon in the late '90s with the amount of old faces that turned up.

Must admit as to being a tad curious as to what happened to the previous thread. Assumed the Corps RSM got a bit precious about the piss taking over his appalling beret shaping skills etc and stamped his feet.
Guess its a pity that guys can't challenge someone who is allegedly responsible for standards who, in my opinion set such a bad example to the junior ranks in his appearance. But hey, what do I know, am just an old fart, who also got stamped on over similar issues in my time. Hey ho.

Sent using Mr Samuel Morse's patented telegraphy method.

This thread is going to go the way of the deleted one pretty soon. Try to exercise some common sense with your response...

Get a life! All names are in the public domain. As long as the posters aren't serving there are no disciplinary issues( just a Shame the OP was!

Someone in Glasgow got precious over a thread in this forum a few years back. They made a phone call to Blandford to try and get posters details, they got royally fucked off. The OP did get found out due to the info he posted and had an interview without coffee in work the next day. Generally, it's fairly easy to ID people on here if you really want to (and that sad).

I assumed it had been pulled due to the amount of whining about him being slagged off in the first place.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
too_old_for_this The NAAFI Bar 1
S ARRSE: Site Issues 7
zero-over The NAAFI Bar 40