Deleted my 'dial icon'

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by Command_doh, Jan 31, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

i am a tit and when I was pissed the other day, somehow I deleted my 'call icon' on my HTC Sensation. i can't find it in 'my applications' and have never come across this kind of thing before. Is there a way to 'find' it again or do I have to download an update from somewhere?

It is really irritating as now I can only dial contacts.

Cheers in anticipation.
  2. Have you pressed a blank spot on the screen for a long time? That will (or should) bring up a menu for widgets and shortcuts (go to shortcut)
  3. Command_doh

I did, but it isn't there, nor in 'browse all HTC widgets'.
  4. Factory re-set

Make sure you have your contacts etc. backed up
  5. Very weird. Stupid question (I know you say its not there), but when you go into All Apps (or app drawer), do you not have a "Phone" app as below.

6. Can you remember how you deleted it? That would come in handy for getting rid of pre-loaded shite that comes with Samsungs in particular.
  7. Phone Samsung and ask them.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. You need to root your phone and things. Then you can get rid of all that. I had to do it because I bought my phone in Dubai and it started shouting that muslims mosque prayer at certain times of the day......which is not good when in meetings in KAF.
  9. Bugger. I've deleted my dialler.
  10. Command_doh

I don't remember how I did it, it just wasn't there when I woke up. It's like EE don't like me and don't want my business anymore.

There is no phone icon on 'all apps' either!

I suppose I could phone Samsung (with someone else's phone), but as its HTC, they will probably tell me to do one.
  11. That is weird - it's part of the firmware and shouldn't disappear. If you're stuck for making calls, you can download a "dialer" app from the play store. Should work fine while you find your original call icon - who knows all the call logs might even show up! I would give it a go.

Something like this should work - never used, there should be other similar options - search in the google store:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. download a couple of these.

Job jobbed.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. When was the last time you used a payphone?

You need a second mortgage these days.
  14. Command_doh

Cheers for this, I've installed it and at least I can dial out now. Stupid fecking phone.

And thanks everyone else for the suggestions.