Deleted email in Windows Mail - can it be recovered?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Detonator, Nov 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just emptied Deleted Items Folder, and I've ditched something I shouldn't have done. Can it be retrieved?

Any help gratefully received.

2. Yes, open the deleted items folder. Then click on Tools at the top, then go down to "recover deleted items"

3. msr

msr LE

4. msr

msr LE

I haven't used it personally. It depends on how much value you place on that lost email. If it is so important, surely someone else will have a copy?

Oh and the more you use the PC with that email on it, the more chance you have of overwriting the part of the disk which contains that email...

5. If it's so important it wouldn't be stored in your "deleted items" folder!!!

Only a mong would delete an email that was important.

6. msr

msr LE

I take it you have never done that then :roll:

msr

7. It's not life or death, it's a product registration code. To cut a long story short, I was deleting loads, hit that by accident, thought I'd moved it back out and... there you go. Thanks for the help!

8. msr

msr LE

Then it will be simple to get another one sent to you. Simpler and cheaper, I would suggest, than the recovery software ;)

msr

9. Thankfully, not as yet. But there may be a 1st.

10. msr

msr LE

There are only 2 types of computer user: those that have lost data and those who are just about to do so ;)

11. When part of your job is to maintain the backups/restores, then it's never gonna happen :)