Delaying briefing due to injury

Discussion in 'Officers' started by sophistikate, May 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon,

I've sustained a pretty severe strain in my leg. Although it happened about a month ago, it is still at the stage where even running for the train is crippling and my fitness for briefing is nowhere near where it should be (especially since I have been recommended further rest). Typical, the weather is beautiful and I want to RUN!

Anyway, I've just had the confirmation email through so will ring up tomorrow and explain, but just wanted opinions on when I might get bumped to or what happens next?

Many thanks!

2. I broke my leg week before Briefing and rang Westbury up on the first Monday after the holidays. They were fine, asked me how long I thought i needed and then sent a range of possible dates. From about 4 weeks later (a bit optimistic) to late April.

4 months later I was there and did fine. Can't remember what the level is for girls but if you have a good base of fitness you should be fine.

That said, just been on a Fam visit and was struggling after playing rugby the day before and proceeded to look like a fat git labouring through the 1.5 mile run (failing the first time and scraped through at 6am the next day). Basically, make sure you are recovered and fit because there are no excuses!

Good luck.

DD

3. DD - thanks a lot for the info!