Delay scuppers Adams US speech

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by india-juliet, Mar 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams missed a St Patrick's Day event in the US after being delayed at a Washington airport for "secondary screening".
    He had been invited by Congressman Brian Higgins to speak in Buffalo.

Homeland Security officials said he had a routine check and "secondary screening" but was not arrested.

Mr Adams said while he understood "the need for vigilance, Sinn Fein members are the victims of an unacceptable and unfair administrative practice".

He said that he had protested about the delay at Dulles Airport to the US administration.

Mr Higgins told the audience Mr Adams was absent because his name was on a "terror watch list", but Homeland Security officials would not comment on this.

Correct me if im wrong, but I thought if you were on any list or persona non grata, you would not even take off to head for the States?. It looks like the Yanks change the goalposts on this one
  2. I hope they used loads of KY and the largest immigration official present got to glove-up and see if Gez had a suicide vest hidden in his colon!

How shocking that an elected official of a terrorist organisation..erm... I mean member of the legislature of a country allied to the USA should be treated so!
  3. PS - has he been invited to speak in Buffalo or just in his normal bullsh*t? 8)

PPS The use of a smiley with sunglasses is not intended to glorify paramilitarism...that would be a smiley in beret, black gloves AND sunglasses
  4. Hope he understands that victims of Republican Terrorism have been victims "unacceptable and disgusting" terrorist acts. He should have been banned outright from the USA, as any noted Islamic terrorist would have been. The man and his followers are no more than low life scum whom I wouldnt pis s on if they were on fire.
  5. I would if I could piss petrol... :twisted:
  6. You all have it wrong he is a freedom fighter not a terrorist how can you all be blinkered our own celestial leader messiah Blair said so.
  7. Boys Boys Boys, Our Gerry is a peace loving chap. He has turned his back on the Armalite and gone for the Armani. He is an awful nice guy who sits in Westminster and goes about his business as a law abiding British citizen. He is a full member of the PSNI policing board and respects her Majesty. Hope that the Homeland Defence guys or Air Marshals at Dulles gave him the longest ever full arm James Herriot cow's arse ******* from a guy the size of Mark Tyson and wee Gerry has to sit on a donut cushion for a week, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  8. All you Yanks out there, does "Secondary screening" involve the use of a baseball bat?. If not, why not?.
  9. He shouldn't even be allowed into the US.
  10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Of course he should be allowed into the USA. He should NOT be allowed back to UK though.
  11. Nice rhyming. Ever considered a career with the arts fluffies?

Why should the creature be a problem? He is, after all, big mates with the terrorist organisation that runs where I live, who are in turn big mates of Mad Bob. That's the way it should be in the shining fluffy liberal Brave New World.
  12. with his contacts perhaps we should use him to negotiate (face to face) release of iraqi hostages
  13. Lads, you'll be pleased to know that Gerry Adams is set to resign.

Slab Murphy had been offered the job and has accepted! :D :D :D