Degrees - the easy way?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Gas Gas Gas, Jun 30, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you ever thought that a degree would be useful but you do not have the time to study, have a look at:

www.InstantDegrees.com  

A BA from about USD110.00.  They claim it is all above board & legit.  Any thoughts?  Military Studies should be a cinch!

2. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Just had a look at it and they have secure ordering et al. Looks professional but anybody now if it is legit?

Quite fancy a doctorate myself....... :D :D :D

3. If and when you get one, please do give us an idea of the institution that awarded it.

4. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

I noticed an affiliate ID on the end of your link............or am I just being cynical? :D

5. Is there? I copied the format from another site.

After some fiddling with [] and the like ,I think the link should go direct now.

6. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Wasn't having a go mate, just thought that if it wasn't yours then you ought to know. :)

7. Is this pucker, or just one of those 'University of Life' degrees that says your still alive and have grown up to the point that you life experience dictates, that you have knowledge in life.
    Let us know how you got on.

8. In what?.......Advanced Typing?

9. You could always 'major' in 'Claim Forms'.

10. I know a guy who got one of these (from the same company I think), and it looks genuine. He claims that a prospective employer even wrote off to the University concerned and got a nice letter back confirming the degree was legit.

P.S. DS/Ma, nice to see you're still around giving everyone the benefit of your wisdom and experience. :D

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Sadly chaps real degrees require studying and a few years work, if you haven't done that then I suspect you are paying 110 USD for a nice certificate run out of somebodies colour photocopier/printer.

Of course, the whole idea about degrees is that you go to a university to drink loads of cheap beer, sleep with loads of sexy women and get invited to join a regt. somewhere in Germany when you leave. The whole qualification thing is just to keep those not going to university from being jealous by their thinking you actually did something in your time there.

Anyone that takes a degree too seriously either doesn't have one or missed the point of university.

[​IMG]

12. The idea of getting something for nothing (or at least 110 USD) is appealing, but I'd pay to have my times at Uni all over again.

13. Having just interviewed several graduates for a position within our company I think that a degree which proves the above would be an improvement on anything issued by the University of Used to be Huddersfield Polytechnic or other such institution. :twisted:

14. I remember being told for a small admin charge anyone in America could declare their house a University. Thus the "Uni" is technically legit as are any degrees they hand out.

D

15. I still am!!!! dam loans