Degree sign?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Henry_Tombs, Jan 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have for my sins been copying a document dated 1947 for an association I belong to for possible publication; the only problem I have had so far is that I don't know how to make the little circle used to denote a number as in degrees.
    I am copying the document in MS Word and using Times New Roman as the closest font to the original document.

Thoughts?

2. go to the insert menu and select symbol, which opens up the symbol menu. Click on the symbol you want and then click insert. Easy as p*ssing the bed awake.

3. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

If you are in Word type in a o, highlight it then choose format >> font (or something similar) and select superscript

Each version or word processor may be different but look for superscript and that should do it

4. Insert>symbol>
    (Times New Roman)
    (Row 7, Column 16)
    Select then Insert.

Or you could hold the Alt key while you type 0176, then release the Alt key. It will appear by magic. edit - Hmm, no, it doesn't. Strange.

5. Gentlemen; I'm indebted to you. :D

6. Copy and paste > ˚ < this.

(Failing that, quote my message and you'll get it).

7. ˚ My God, it works!

8. Only if you type with the numberpad , not the numbers along the top ;) °°°°

9. Every time that I come onto this thread I learn something new. Thanks

Gents. Now if I can just find a way to remember it all. :wink:

10. Just google "alt codes" and bookmark the page that suits you best.

11. Garhwal, your blood is worth bottling mate, thanks.

12. Thanks. Been that long since I last did it that I'd forgotten that bit.

13. Ref Flashes suggestion - I always do that. Just google what you are looking for & then cut & paste it. Works every time.

14. Genius................years of fecking about with insert symbol and/or cutting and pasting, are officially over!! :D