Degree, Alis Points and UCAS points?????????

Dear Sirs,
Im hoping someone can give me some advice. Im currently at university studying a degree and would like to join the army as an officer. I believe that when i get my degree this will counteract the need for the 180 Ucas points as required.

However my problem is that I do not meet the required amount of ALIS points. Does anybody know a way of getting round this?

Copied from the army www site:

All applicants joining the Army as an officer must be more than 17 years and 9 months old and must start the commissioning course at Sandhurst before their 29th birthday. Minimum Academic Requirements for civilian applicants are 7 GCSE passes at grade C or higher (35 ALIS points), including English language, mathematics and a science or foreign language. In addition, an applicant must have a minimum of 180 UCAS points, including 2 A Levels (or equivalent) at Grade E or above.

However, as I was told at my Colonel's Interview: 'You haven't made the grade with your A-levels because General Studies doesn't count in the Army. You do have an Adult Degree (BA Hons English & Philosophy) and so this will count for you in your application. Go through and prosper.'