definitive answer on age limit please?

Discussion in 'RAC' started by N_LST, May 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have applied to join the RSDG and recieved a deferment on medical grounds. he deferal period will be over on december the 1st which while not too far away, would put me only 2 months shy of my 32nd birthday. My recruiter is adamant that the upper age limit is 32 and I have no reason to question him or his knowledge at all, except the army website which clearly states 33.

http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/jobs/pages/JobDetail.aspx?armyjobid=RAC101A&category=

the deferment has kind of kicked me in the balls and although the recruiter has said there is a slight chance of getting in before the limit is breached, reading here and elsewhere it looks like a long shot. the extra year the website seems to be saying would be a god-send but obviously I cant pin my hopes on it because of what the recruiter is saying. Can anyone shed a little light on it please? Thank you in advance.

edit, linked wrong job

2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

You may get a better responce posting HERE however how can you be sure of a tinternet answer. Perhaps you should trust your ACIA bods.

3. Well, I turn 32 towards the end of this month and my start date at Bassingbourn is 19th June, so my recruiter made a small mistake. I couldnt be happier. Managed an A at Glencorse so will be going to my first choice, RSDG.