Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by fish-head, Jun 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Stupid question, but in terms of insurance, life and property, what constitutes a warzone?

Iraq? Afghanistan?

May seem silly but my insurers seems to be spinning me a dit today.

2. I'm sure you will get lots of helpful answers here fish, but you might want to ask the insurer for its definition. That way at least you know whether the insurer considers you to be in a war zone or not, regardless of how many bullets are flying around you. If you come up with your own definition you could run the risk of not being covered when you think you are.

If they continue to be unhelpful then pm me some more details and I'll see if I can help.
  3. Fish-head

When underwriters for insurance companies produce their war exclusion wording the text has to stand the test of time, and be easy for customers to interpret. This generally means that they do not include specific geographic areas, and instead focus on the type of hostile action that could take place. In our experience the majority of insurers would currently regard Iraq and Afghanistan as areas of conflict, and therefore war zones. However certain providers may also include other areas too, and the general rule of thumb is that you contact your particular provider for their interpretation.

To give you a more helpful and precise reply we will be more than happy to give you a call and help you understand what your current policies cover, whether they are held with us or not. Please send us a private message with your contact details.

NAAFI Financial work with many providers and know their strengths and weaknesses, we may be able to provide you with alternative solutions if necessary.

NAAFI Financial is a trading style of Close Brothers Military Services Limited in the UK and NAAFI in Germany and Cyprus. Both companies are appointed representatives for general insurance only, of Close Brothers Limited. Close Brothers Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Close Brothers Military Services Limited is registered in England No. 3302028. Registered office: Britannia Suite, Old Sarum Park, Salisbury, SP4 6ES.