Define Allyness in one sentence.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Tartan_Terrier, Dec 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We now have two threads worth of 'Allyness'

Rather than posting 'ally' photos, or listing 'ally' kit, I thought it might be interesting to see who could come up with the best one sentence definition of 'allyness'.

Starter for ten.

Allyness: The art of conveying, by demeanour, or dress that you are a hyper professional mega soldier from the Planet Zog.

(Apologies to the brewers of Skol).
  2. The ability to make yourself standout while still maintaining operational security....

....The ability to appear in Soldier Magazine while in none issue kit
  3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

5.56mm :p !!
  4. hard as fcuking nails
  5. Where one's appearance is the result of experience, not what the other bloke wears, or what was in a film, but what real experience has shown to work.

6. All the Gear and lots of ideas.

and the walt version

All the Gear but no Fcuking idea
  7. Cardinal - spot on.

As I've said before, a CS 95 smock is ally in the right hands. The worlds most elaborate assault vest is rubbish in another's.
  8. Looking as if you know what you're doing, even if you don't.

Take that gwar beardy bleurk on the other thread. He might sound like Dale Wynton, but he don't fookin' look like him!
  9. The art of conveying, through the medium of uniform and equipment, just how much experience and knowledge one has, to make his life more comfortable.
  10. Allowing the words of other soldiers to convey your worth.
  11. Mirror mirror on the wall..............
  12. According to Richard Holmes in 'Dusty Warriors': "Ally = cool and tough".
  13. When its patently obvious that he is the dogs bollox!
  14. He knows all he wants to know and plays the game like a true professional.

A man who looks the part without trying.
  15. I am not sure if it is what you are wearing, or your deeds that is "ally".

It was said a long time ago, by a better man than me and he was definitely wearing the right gear.

"I'm going out, I may be some time."