Defiance - Game and TV Show

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by BrunoNoMedals, Mar 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Anyone else looking at this? The show starts April 16th on the SyFy channel and in principle the game (out 2nd April) will feed directly into it with actions of the community reflected in the weekly progression of the story.

The game is due on all formats and I've seen it on Steam pre-order for £35. It doesn't seem to be a subscription model but there is an as-yet un-priced season pass which suggests 5 DLC packages - if they all land during the course of one 13-week season that's a lot of changes.

It looks like it'll be a fairly basic MMOFPS with class/XP-based progression and vehicle combat; maybe a simplified Planetside with aliens.

I don't generally spend lots on my online games but the whole concept intrigues me and if I can get the wife into the show it's a free pass to game!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
  2. Yeah im looking at it, so is my gaming clan we are normally mmo players but we do dabble in fps. Keeping a close eye on dust512 as well. That could give ISK (in game money) to players who then can sell it for real money. But yes Defiance is looking promising but i think we can all agree we`ve been down this road before.
  3. I think I might well get this one, I having been lurking in the wings and foillowing it.

The Defiance team is made by Trion Worlds who also run the MMO called RIFT which in my opinion is a cracker of a game, very enjoyable as a team or solo.
  4. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I've heard good things about Rift and it's one of the staggered pre-order rewards on Steam. Thing is, those pre-orders don't seem to be shifting as they're not even close to the first level yet. Doesn't bode well.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2