Defensive military only for Wales?

#41
JoseyWales said:
And that's about the strength of Welsh politics, hedge all the time if you can.

If that fails - stonewall.
Stonewall? Is this when the "Dafydd's the only gay in the village" card gets played? :p
 
#43
Cuddles said:
JoseyWales said:
And that's about the strength of Welsh politics, hedge all the time if you can.

If that fails - stonewall.
Stonewall? Is this when the "Dafydd's the only gay in the village" card gets played? :p
Don't - that's the big line drunk chavs use when p1ssed up on the train! It's great fun telling them "I'm Irish, you stupid drunk cnut, now shut up and show me your ticket" I think half the time, they are so surprised to hear someone in a uniform call them a drunk cnut to their face, they crawl back into their can of Strongbow (and quietly pay up!)
 
#44
I for one am willing to volunteer my free time to redig Offah's Dyke so that the Vietgog can feel secure in their nation stronghold. Anything to prevent another posting to Brecon.

Of course we'd also have to blow the Bridges over the Severn, and I'd recommend a tactical nuclear strike on the Rhondda valley (it's the only way to be sure).
 
#45
Themanwho said:
I for one am willing to volunteer my free time to redig Offah's Dyke so that the Vietgog can feel secure in their nation stronghold. Anything to prevent another posting to Brecon.

Of course we'd also have to blow the Bridges over the Severn, and I'd recommend a tactical nuclear strike on the Rhondda valley (it's the only way to be sure).
I agree with most, but don't bother wasting a nuke on the Rhondda - no-one will be able to tell afterwards that it had been nuked!
 
#46
It would just make me feel better, okay?
 
#47
Themanwho said:
It would just make me feel better, okay?
OK, if you insist! :D
 

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
#48
By Jove, she's on to the real truth - it's being funded by giant space-lizards, intending to take over the planet and enslave us all, and will secretly train McDonalds burger flippers and overseas call-centre staff to be slightly less annoying...
you know too much!
 
#50
flamingo said:
Themanwho said:
I for one am willing to volunteer my free time to redig Offah's Dyke so that the Vietgog can feel secure in their nation stronghold. Anything to prevent another posting to Brecon.

Of course we'd also have to blow the Bridges over the Severn, and I'd recommend a tactical nuclear strike on the Rhondda valley (it's the only way to be sure).
I agree with most, but don't bother wasting a nuke on the Rhondda - no-one will be able to tell afterwards that it had been nuked!
When I was in the CCF in the 1980's we used to exercise around the anglo-Welsh border, the scenario always seemed to involve welsh rebels, the Royal Welsh Constabulary etc, can remember standing on a hillside one night thinking "if this was real I could have my boyos in Shrewsbury at dawn and Birmingham by tommorrow evening :D "
 
#51
Re Birmingham, will 8pm be OK......its yours, congratulations.
 
#52
f AS nationalism seems to be on the increase in Wales and Scotland, and of a kind that is very anti-UK militry,...why are we planning on spending billions at Faslane and St Athan?? Shouldn't we be building these in England?
 
#53
lanky said:
f AS nationalism seems to be on the increase in Wales and Scotland, and of a kind that is very anti-UK militry,...why are we planning on spending billions at Faslane and St Athan?? Shouldn't we be building these in England?
No sign of any English nationalism then? As far as I know this is still the United Kingdom despite the ranring of a few extremists odf Welsh Scottish and English extraction. All this inter racial tension is the result of a few clowns who are given far more press space than they warrant, the majority from North and West of the borders are quite happy to be British so long as we can get rid of the Liarbour idiots in Westminster. Perhaps a better option woould be for us all to unite and declare Westminster independent .
 
#54
Two people have mentioned blowing the Severn Bridge. I can reassure you that these calcs exist already (purely as an exercise, of course) in Minley. A mate of mine did it on his troopies course.

Oh, yeah it takes qutie a bit of kit to do!

No, think more...



More yet!



Little bit more...



Yeah that much. Plus x to be on the safe side and it ain't going back to stores is it?

Probably worth the effort for the bang, mind you.

Wales? You can keep it!
 
#55
I could never work out why they charge a fiver to get into Wales...surely they would make more if they charged a tenner to get out??


As for the nuke, well go for it...
 
#56
Cuddles said:
I could never work out why they charge a fiver to get into Wales...surely they would make more if they charged a tenner to get out??


As for the nuke, well go for it...
Personally, I can never figure out how both bridges charging the same is not running a cartel. I think that they should let market forces decide how much to charge, and let both bridges operate in competition! :D
 
#57
tearsbeforebedtime said:
Two people have mentioned blowing the Severn Bridge. I can reassure you that these calcs exist already (purely as an exercise, of course) in Minley. A mate of mine did it on his troopies course.
Oh, yeah it takes qutie a bit of kit to do!
No, think more...
More yet!
Little bit more...
Yeah that much. Plus x to be on the safe side and it ain't going back to stores is it?
Probably worth the effort for the bang, mind you.
Wales? You can keep it!
Working on the KISS principle, don't the RE have any of their 'special' demolitions left over from the BAOR days..... :wink:
 
#58
The calcs were done using PE4 working out how many boxes + cutting charges.

The convoy would probably give the game away.

I am sure there is a quicker/more elegant option (bar instant sunshine).
 
#59
If I was Welsh, I might type this next line in Welsh...

"You bastards, the tears are running down my cheeks..."

or

"You bastards, I'm going to burn down your second home..."

But none of you would be able to understand it, so I won't!

A good thread, though!

Litotes
 
#60
Litotes said:
If I was Welsh, I might type this next line in Welsh...

"You bastards, the tears are running down my cheeks..."

or

"You bastards, I'm going to burn down your second home..."

But none of you would be able to understand it, so I won't!

A good thread, though!

Litotes
Leave my second home alone - it's rented out to 20 assylum seekers in Swansea, it's a nice little earner! :D
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top