Defensive military only for Wales?

I think Aldershot should be re-developed instead of Saint Athen. Now with good motorway (M3) and direct train links with London! Catterick and Colchester are having millions spent on new camps, and I feel Aldershot would be more Central than St Athen in Wales anyday.

cpunk said:
As a Welshman, living as a sleeper agent in the heart of London, I've been briefed on the plans. Essentially, thousands of genetically modified sheep are to be fitted with claymore mines and set to patrol TAIs in the border areas, under the command of specially selected militarised Border Collies who have been through an intensive training course at St Athan. At the approach of any potential hostiles (English second home buyers etc), the Collies will herd the sheep into formation as mobile killing zones, wreaking havoc on the hapless invaders. Clever huh?
Seen worse, out there in the mountains 8O 8O

The Welsh Cavalry 8O

Is this not just common sense on behalf of those who want an independent Wales?

They know they couldn't sustain anything more than a second rate ACF detachment, so are making it look like this is what they actually want. Once they are cut from the Empire, and the English money has dried up, they are going to turn in to a 3rd world tin pot country faster than the Engrs can drop the severn Bridge.

What an opportunity for the Welch Command of the Legion of Frontierspersons they could amalgamate with the Viet Taff and have a role at last!

Come home to a real fire…………..buy a holiday cottage in Wales.

Another case of a minority voice getting all the publicity, I have yet to figure out the role of MEPs as the Commission hold all the power in Europe.
She's just another airy fairy liberal who doesn't live in the real world.

I did a little bit of time in HQ 160 (Wales) Bde. I still shudder to think of it. Compulsory Welsh lessons.... Bde Comd trying to recruit me into his choir... My silly old fart of a boss sounding off about sheep farming as a hobby... the horrifying realisation that every slag within 30 miles knew the course dates and nights off for Snr and Jnr Brecon, and came into town to prey on the luckless infantry.

The single most influential military organisation in Wales, in terms of swing in the HQ, is the ACF. Perhaps they could steal the hubcaps off the invading armies?

Side track to the Welsh Assembly for a bit of strategic deployment - Christine Gwyther was appointed Minister for Agriculture for Wales because of her 'professional experience of rural development'.

Yet she was a vegetarian and non farmer..

I rather thought that the defense of Wales began at Dover, or until recently, at the IGB.

Plaid Cymru defense policy reminds me of an old Alas Smith and Jones sketch where Griff Rhys Jones posed as a member of the Green Party and explained their defense policy as growing a large hedge around the British coastline....

As a Welshman I am in a state of permanent embarrassment at the palace of political pygmies that is the welsh assembly, but then I live in the South east earning the taxes that pays for it all.

Plaid are a sort protest party made up of welsh speaking farmers from such metropoloises as carmarthen and lampeter, however they are also a cymraigidfied PC lobby and are the sort of people who would be campaigining against out of town shopping centres in the rest of the UK.

They have made it very difficult to get on in life if you don't speak welsh (which was considered a dead languague when I grew up in the 70's) which again explains why I am a south walian in exile.

tossers

trotsky

Trotsky said:
As a Welshman I am in a state of permanent embarrassment at the palace of political pygmies that is the welsh assembly, but then I live in the South east earning the taxes that pays for it all.

Plaid are a sort protest party made up of welsh speaking farmers from such metropoloises as carmarthen and lampeter, however they are also a cymraigidfied PC lobby and are the sort of people who would be campaigining against out of town shopping centres in the rest of the UK.

They have made it very difficult to get on in life if you don't speak welsh (which was considered a dead languague when I grew up in the 70's) which again explains why I am a south walian in exile.

tossers

trotsky
During my very brief foray into the NHS in Wales, the mandatory training course prior to commencing work for the Nurse Bank in a South-East Wases hospital contained a 2 hour spiel and video about how important it was that all NHS staff in Wales spoke welsh because "sick people feel better when spoken to in their own language". I do not think I have ever heard anyone in the local town speaking welsh, but that is obviously irrrevelant.

Various clinical-based (ie. useful) elements of the course that I had been used to in other hospitals, like resuscitation training, infection control and blood transfusion awareness were left out as according to the organiser "there was not enough time to include them".

After this (and several interviews that could be summed up as "you're not from around here, are you boyo?"), I decided that the Welsh NHS obviously had enough nurses of the calibre they required, and I'd better take my 20+ years critical care experience elsewhere.

barking madness bit like the SNP's view that the Scottish army would be devoted to peacekeeping :roll:
short of putting the jocks on the sandwich islands can't see that working argyle highlanders I met seem to devote there lives to scrapping with any and
everybody :twisted:

flamingo said:
During my very brief foray into the NHS in Wales, the mandatory training course prior to commencing work for the Nurse Bank in a South-East Wases hospital contained a 2 hour spiel and video about how important it was that all NHS staff in Wales spoke welsh because "sick people feel better when spoken to in their own language". I do not think I have ever heard anyone in the local town speaking welsh, but that is obviously irrrevelant.

Various clinical-based (ie. useful) elements of the course that I had been used to in other hospitals, like resuscitation training, infection control and blood transfusion awareness were left out as according to the organiser "there was not enough time to include them".

After this (and several interviews that could be summed up as "you're not from around here, are you boyo?"), I decided that the Welsh NHS obviously had enough nurses of the calibre they required, and I'd better take my 20+ years critical care experience elsewhere.
Sounds about right, my mate sells a large amount of goods and services to the NHS in Wales but (having been to school with me) is not a welsh speaker. He is terrifed that one day it will be announced that all purchasing will be done in welsh and he will be cut out of the amrket, which really wouldn't surprise me.

Trotsky

I suppose we can now start slagging off the English because Ken Livingstone/ Jacqui Smith/ Boris Johnson et al speak a load of bollox. This woman is not a Welshwoman she is a politician . Politicians speak for no one except themselves. I am a Welsh speaking Welshman and proud but I am now and apways have been of the opinion that I'm as good as and no better any man simply because of my nationality.

Da Iawn!! - Ardderchog !!

Time you lot of Saes realised that:the vote for the Assembly was only Hammered through by fear and threats... :evil:

The vast Majority of Welsh, DID NOT WANT THIS EXTRA LAYER OF EXPENSIVE ''NOTHINGS''..as their Tax bills will attest to.

Like Typical Plaid Llafur's modus operandi - jobs for the boys...!!

Ring a few Bells ??

...the Welsh contingent of the Neue Arbeit,got it from YOU - in England.

Rational thinkers amongst you, will realise,Plaid Cymru do NOT speak for the Welsh people - count how many votes they got, and how many MP's they have.(Plaid Cymru didn't turn up at the Cenotaph either,some other splinter party deputised for them.. :x )

Finally,whilst we are probably the smallest of the Union contributors - make NO mistake,we punch well above our weight,as a shufti at the History of the United Kingdom will show...

Remember this?...

''We Few,we happy Few - We Band of Brothers''

Welsh Longbowmen were there - on the forward slope.

...and the Welsh were in quite few other Battles as well.

Plaid Cymru do not represent Wales, or the Welsh. :evil: :evil: