Defensive Driver Training Course

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by bomb-int, Mar 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How much did that badger cost yer?
  2. The course costs £2000 for a seven days, accom, food, vehicles, insurance & RoSPA accreditation included.
    The course is taught by former Police (Peter Russ) and SAS instructors.
    This viedo only shows the action from the last two days of the course, not the boring RoSPA stuff :D
  3. Some of my lads have been sent on a driving course run at Bespoke for upcoming tour. The usual defensive driving, with ROSPA accreditation with some of it held at Millbrook Test Track. Very good feedback so far.
  4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I'm well impressed. If I ever envision being in a clapped out old Mondeo on an ex REF airfield with a silver Vectra coming after me with evil intent, I shall sign up for your newsletter.

I note you were a bit careful with the S series Jag. Was that a RoSPA thing? Or did they bill you for the back tyres?
  5. Is there a way of converting the qual given by the RMP at Longmoor ?
  6. I'm aware of the training, but as far as I'm aware there isn't a qual for the course at Longmoor to transfer.

ROSPA accreditation is not very expensive and many HQs (Old HQNI springs to mind) offer free ROSPA courses to Gold standard.

If you are part of 3 or 1 Div and a budding Lewis Hamilton then the SMD will offer you a free IAM test which if passed shaves a fortune off your insurance and is good recognition of your driving skill.