Defender question

#1
I read somewhere that the Defenders have full IFR fit - so presumably army FW pilots learn to fly civilian IFR procedures.? If so, where do they do this? 45(R) Sqn? Or is it done in-house?
 
#3
stab23 said:
I read somewhere that the Defenders have full IFR fit - so presumably army FW pilots learn to fly civilian IFR procedures.? If so, where do they do this? 45(R) Sqn? Or is it done in-house?
Need to know basis and you dont need to know.
 
#5
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
stab23 said:
I read somewhere that the Defenders have full IFR fit - so presumably army FW pilots learn to fly civilian IFR procedures.? If so, where do they do this? 45(R) Sqn? Or is it done in-house?
Need to know basis and you dont need to know.
LOL
 
#6
stab23 said:
I read somewhere that the Defenders have full IFR fit - so presumably army FW pilots learn to fly civilian IFR procedures.? If so, where do they do this? 45(R) Sqn? Or is it done in-house?
They do their basic training to wings parade with the crabs, then continue training once they are on the squadrons. My bro got a full set of civvy quals while he was at MW. I think they still do civvy quals now that they are at Aldergrove. Not a bad option if you are going civvy - bruv is now with Virgin and earns more than a Field Marshal (well so I reckon).
 
#7
loopy21 said:
stab23 said:
I read somewhere that the Defenders have full IFR fit - so presumably army FW pilots learn to fly civilian IFR procedures.? If so, where do they do this? 45(R) Sqn? Or is it done in-house?
They do their basic training to wings parade with the crabs, then continue training once they are on the squadrons. My bro got a full set of civvy quals while he was at MW. I think they still do civvy quals now that they are at Aldergrove. Not a bad option if you are going civvy - bruv is now with Virgin and earns more than a Field Marshal (well so I reckon).
Careful! If Flashy is still on her jam week, she'll on to you in a mo with her Saturday night spesh handbag for spilling state secrets.
 
#8
stab23 said:
Careful! If Flashy is still on her jam week, she'll on to you in a mo with her Saturday night spesh handbag for spilling state secrets.
No, I just didn't want to tell you because you're a cunt.
 
#9
I was on the first course for the Islander.
Ten days in I of W and 10 at Hants and Sussex Bus company.
Got sacked from Beaver Flt before we got our first Islander and only had one flight from Aldergrove to Bellykelly when coming back off leave.

john
 
#12
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
stab23 said:
Careful! If Flashy is still on her jam week, she'll on to you in a mo with her Saturday night spesh handbag for spilling state secrets.
No, I just didn't want to tell you because you're a cunt.
See Loopy, I warned you that she would get annoyed with you!
 
#13
IIRC some would-be Islander/Defender drivers have been getting twin turboprop and IFR training on the Jetstream with 750 NAS at Culdrose, as 45(R) Sqn were jammed full, short of serviceable airframes or both. FAA sounds like a better option to me anyway! Given the choice I'd rather spend time in the company of a WAFU than a Crab...
 
#15
and quite strange neither have posted since eating their own bottoms a little while ago. Such a shame as I was learning so much about flying and stuff from him.
 
#16
In-Flight Refuelling on Defenders? Wowsers! No wonder it's secret.
 
#17
I got to spend 8 hours in one of those c*nts monday just gone, almost froze my nuts off. Pilot scared the crap out of me as we landed at MW and i was sh*tting my self asking where the frigging runway was as the plane descended :(
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top