Defender question

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by stab23, Jun 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I read somewhere that the Defenders have full IFR fit - so presumably army FW pilots learn to fly civilian IFR procedures.? If so, where do they do this? 45(R) Sqn? Or is it done in-house?
  2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

3. Need to know basis and you dont need to know.
  4. pLONK
  5. LOL
  6. They do their basic training to wings parade with the crabs, then continue training once they are on the squadrons. My bro got a full set of civvy quals while he was at MW. I think they still do civvy quals now that they are at Aldergrove. Not a bad option if you are going civvy - bruv is now with Virgin and earns more than a Field Marshal (well so I reckon).
  7. Careful! If Flashy is still on her jam week, she'll on to you in a mo with her Saturday night spesh handbag for spilling state secrets.
  8. No, I just didn't want to tell you because you're a cunt.
  9. I was on the first course for the Islander.
    Ten days in I of W and 10 at Hants and Sussex Bus company.
    Got sacked from Beaver Flt before we got our first Islander and only had one flight from Aldergrove to Bellykelly when coming back off leave.

10. Go on, John. Tell us more.
  11. Bitch.

PM on route.
  12. See Loopy, I warned you that she would get annoyed with you!
  13. IIRC some would-be Islander/Defender drivers have been getting twin turboprop and IFR training on the Jetstream with 750 NAS at Culdrose, as 45(R) Sqn were jammed full, short of serviceable airframes or both. FAA sounds like a better option to me anyway! Given the choice I'd rather spend time in the company of a WAFU than a Crab...
  14. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Safe to ignore the original question on the grounds that Stab23 and Loopy21 are both the same person and a cnut to boot
  15. and quite strange neither have posted since eating their own bottoms a little while ago. Such a shame as I was learning so much about flying and stuff from him.