• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Defender 110 Clutch

All,

anyone know about the above? Mine has suddenly developed about 2 inches of free travel, but at biting point it works fine. Have changed both cylinders recently, system bled, no help!

VMT

Al

Bleed it again, sounds a lot like air still in system. 110 Slave cylinders can be stubborn buggers to bleed.
Plus this is the cheapest thing to try

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Could be the mechanical bit? Unbolt the plates above the pedals and have a bit poke about. If it is the clutch, I m pretty sure I have a brand new one in its box at the back of the shed. I'll take half price on the best internet price. Postage I think will be a tenner, but we can adjust that either way.

Sounds like the clutch fluid is leaking so a temporary fluid top up before determining the source of the leak is in order. Are you finding clutch fluid in the drivers footwell?

Clutch changed about 2 years ago.
No fluid in the footwell (i.e. it's not the master)
I'm going to try and bleed it again in the next couple of days.

Iron Duke - thank you for your kind offer, I'll let you know if I need the help!

Al

Latest Threads