DEFENCELL

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by rocksville, Dec 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody know how we go about getting the new Defencell kit? Its a cross between a sandbag and hesco and is brilliant for lots of building quick positions. seen it used by quite a few other armies now but can't find it in our system?

2. If it is going to be used, it will be procured through the ECI IPT at Abbey Wood. We won't have it if we don't need it. You can't just go ordering it without there being an actual need.

3. Of course there's a need. He and his mates obviously want to build a fort...

4. We have had demos of DefenceCell but they have been skipped over very quickly, Hesco seems to have the monopoly on even our training. Hesco produce units at the same size as DefenceCell however it still requires the flat metal frame whereas DefenceCell, I beleive, can be rolled up into a burgan.

5. Good grief. What's that I hear? It's the 1940's wanting their WW1 era Staff Officers back....

Get real. I don't know this stuff from rubber ducks but for goodness' sake never assume that the heirarchy knows what's best, and besides, what or who gave you the God-given right to stifle initiative?