Defence Writing Templates

Discussion in 'Officers' started by wg100, Jun 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies, but I've no idea as to which part of the forum this question should go in...

I'm trying to get hold of the Defence Writing Templates that are installed on my workstation to use with MSWord. I've contacted the computer helpdesk and their response was that unless it is a workstation administered by them, then they couldn't help.
    Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the templates so I can load it onto another computer?

2. Do you have access to Defence Intranet?
  3. I do indeed.
  4. Try your System Adminstrators rather than the help desk.
  5. I fear that the help desk and sys admins are the one and same (on TANET), as the EMS helpdesk are the ones who provide login details, etc.
  6. This link might help.

It is for the eDW site. You can alway make your own templates – I found the other templates too difficult to use. You can also download JSP 101.
  7. Has any one seen the CD that the eDW site talks about. They said it should have been out in May?
  8. eDW CDs are in production now...distribution is to all units/ establishments/HQs etc etc etc and will start by end June. Reipients are free to copy for further distrib, but keep up to date with the versions (there won't be a new one for ages).