Defence Secretary Vietnam Diplomatic Academy speech

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace speaking at the Vietnam Diplomatic Academy

Continue reading...
Fifty years ago the communists and Hanoi in particular were the font of all evil. The only good commie was a dead commie etc, and now we are all best buddies. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Who knows, one day we might even be friends with the French.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Fifty years ago the communists and Hanoi in particular were the font of all evil. The only good commie was a dead commie etc, and now we are all best buddies. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Who knows, one day we might even be friends with the French.

never, the Vietnam War was Frances fault.

My thoughts, and not forgetting that Vietnam shares its philosophy with another communist state on its northern borders. cosying up with Vietnam i think will have the same effect that England had with Germany just prior to WW2" Peace in our time" Only this time china, will help its communist brethren in the south, if and when it all kicks off, and any trade or military self help deal made will go down the tubes. , GB tried it in Afghanistan in the mid 1800's and came unstuck, as did the Russians. in the 1980's, and the yanks in Vietnam. GB is seen by most of the more enlightened countries as a rather lame tiger, ( Ask the septics what they think of the British military) trying to be something that its not, IE:- A GLOBAL POWER those days are long gone. they finished in 1945." Britain rules the waves" No she doesn't, the Chinese do. Its about time that GB stood down from trying to be something its not. Its over and its about time we turned our attention, politics and taxpayers money to correct the stupendous mess that self serving successive politicians have made of these now in the eyes of other world leaders, ( Vlad comes to mind ), now rather insignificant islands. Shut the borders THE UK IS FULL WE CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE. f*** making deals with foreign powers, sort out the UK first. HAVE A NICE DAY, BE LUCKY. :salut:

NB:- THE CURRENT STRENGTH OF THE BRITISH ARMED FORCES, ALL ARMS is 159,000

I know i will get some serious stick from some more enlightened quarters, but having seen my country sold off, handed over, and abused by venal politicians over the last 50 years....................................
Awaiting incoming...3...2...1...

Last edited:

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Except the Vietnamese have fought a war with China in living memory, and given Beijing rather a bloody nose.

Last edited:

Latest Threads