Defence Review: Impact on new recruits

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by irishpacker, Oct 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having spent the last few hours combing through any scraps of info I can find on the implications of the SDSR, I've been left utterly confused. Some people are saying Regiments will be axed, amalgamated or roles changed entirely. With a 40% cut in the number of CR2's and all sorts of talk concerning change of role and what have you, I'm rather concerned that the regiment or two I have my eye on will be something completely different by the time I get to them in 2012.

2. You have access to the same information as everyone else. If you are attending the Jan intake we should know the score by the start of your CC. I would say get on visits to your desired regiments to get your name known to them, if they are still about when the time comes to make your choice then happy days

3. Recruitment for the next few years is likely to be set in previous budgets. Most of the 5,000 job cuts will probably come from early retirements.