Defence Recruiting System (DRS) Feedback request

Bumping this thread with my own experience so far...

Ex-RN here and applying to be a weekend warrior, online system after 3 weeks still says awaiting review; however my reserve battalion has been very keen to get the ball rolling with pre-selection odds n' ends, and they're very good at chasing up applications with the AFCO/CSM through email/phone calls etc.

Not sure what can be done with Regulars applicants, but anyone considering this career move should make the most of available resources to try and get the job done (i.e. don't blag the recruitment centre's ears off, but be persistent).

Still, a sad state of affairs and it was exactly the same when I applied to the RN a few years back. Bleddy Capita...

My application was medically deferred but after sending off my health care records they accepted my appeal.
Unfortunately I can't see my application on the candidate portal, only the page you see where you first make your application.
I called up and my Candidate Support Manager sent me a link to use while logged in but it just takes me back to the same page.
I'm quite disappointed since I'm meant to be going to selection soon and they sent me something over the candidate portal which they want me to look at but as far as I can see there is no messages there.
I've also tried using Chrome to no avail.

Attachments

My application was medically deferred but after sending off my health care records they accepted my appeal.
Unfortunately I can't see my application on the candidate portal, only the page you see where you first make your application.
I called up and my Candidate Support Manager sent me a link to use while logged in but it just takes me back to the same page.
I'm quite disappointed since I'm meant to be going to selection soon and they sent me something over the candidate portal which they want me to look at but as far as I can see there is no messages there.
I've also tried using Chrome to no avail.
I had an issue regarding the portal after my appeal was upheld as well, they didn't send me the correct update message so I rang NRC and they checked the notes on my application and discovered I'd been medically cleared that same day and informed my CSM who got my loaded onto a selection date within 3 weeks. I'd ring up NRC HQ (Number ends in 8080 if I recall) and ask them what's happening and they can transfer you straight over to your careers office. I've had to do a lot of things manually as things like selection info, checklists of what to take, etc. isn't loading on the portal but my CSM has been brilliant in getting me the information I need sent directly to my email since the portal can't be relied on.

I had an issue regarding the portal after my appeal was upheld as well, they didn't send me the correct update message so I rang NRC and they checked the notes on my application and discovered I'd been medically cleared that same day and informed my CSM who got my loaded onto a selection date within 3 weeks. I'd ring up NRC HQ (Number ends in 8080 if I recall) and ask them what's happening and they can transfer you straight over to your careers office. I've had to do a lot of things manually as things like selection info, checklists of what to take, etc. isn't loading on the portal but my CSM has been brilliant in getting me the information I need sent directly to my email since the portal can't be relied on.
Do you mean "0345 600 8080"?
Because, if so, then I have already called them and they patched me through to my Candidate Support Manager who asked me to log in and then paste the link to my application she sent along with her email.
Unfortunately, I am simply greeted by what you see in my uploaded image.
I do plan on calling her again on Monday to try and get this sorted.
I would have presumed that they could just roll-back my account to when my application was showing but I suppose it either isn't that simple or at all possible.
I have my selection date but aren't the tests that I am to do at selection located in my applications messages section?

Do you mean "0345 600 8080"?
Because, if so, then I have already called them and they patched me through to my Candidate Support Manager who asked me to log in and then paste the link to my application she sent along with her email.
Unfortunately, I am simply greeted by what you see in my uploaded image.
I do plan on calling her again on Monday to try and get this sorted.
I would have presumed that they could just roll-back my account to when my application was showing but I suppose it either isn't that simple or at all possible.
I have my selection date but aren't the tests that I am to do at selection located in my applications messages section?
Yes that's the number.

I'm yet to get any ACT links in my portal, they might come sooner to the day but like I said my whole portal has been having issued since my initial application, and my appeal being upheld doesn't seem to have helped. It's jumped back several steps to before my briefing in terms of my progress along the ladder to joining up, I'm getting duplicate messages, the messages I do receive have broken links in them meaning I'm having to phone up to get working ones emailed directly to me. If the ACT is supposed to show up in your portal but hasn't a couple of days prior to me leaving for ADSC, I'll drop a message to my CSM through the online chat thing as she's been really good at getting things cleared within just a few minutes. I don't want to contact too early incase it's just a case of it not being sent yet.

Here's a link to mine, about 10 days away from selection right now. The 'current task' I have is just a reminder with attendance details, nothing to actually complete like prior ones.
myportal.PNG

If you phone them up and tell them you've been having trouble with the portal they should be able to do it all remotely, I didn't need to touch my portal until after I'd gotten my selection date and they ask you to fill in forms with more nationality info, passport numbers, dietary requirements, as well as actually confirm your attendance like you had to for the face to face briefing. I'd try and contact your CSM directly though rather than just a faceless clerk at the call centre as they'll have more incentive in getting you sorted out (I'm a bit confused as to who actually is my CSM, though, I have details for the guy who did my initial interview and then a woman who seems to be my online contact who I can contact via the webchat, both have been brilliant in getting me through some of my portal issues)

Latest Threads