Defence Ministry job bought with brown envelope

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, May 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am absolutely furious.

Bliar has appointed two cronies to key ministerial posts, via the house of Lords. Drayson (they are not worthy of the ermine title and it will never be uttered by me) gave Liabour a bung of cash and received a vaccine contract in return. This corrupt scumbag is getting a job in the MoD - this should not be surprising, given its corrupt and incompetent nature - completely undermining the principle of accountable democratic government.

Adonis is picking up a schools job just because he had Bliar's ear in No 10. Another unaccountable meddler - the blood boils.

If these people are so good, why do they not stand for Parliament? The conclusion must be that they are not good enough. If someone like Two Jags can be elected, they must be dross!

That's it. Back to open warfare. Bliar won an election with a mere 20% endorsement because of a flawed electoral system. Any other system would have denied him a majority. So much for promises to listen. I do not recognise this t0sser as leader of this country and will do all I can to see him removed - awkward FoI requests, rants to the letters page etc. This scrap of sh!t clearly has no understanding of democratic accountability.
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

A cynic like me would say - what do you really expect?

I did think that such patronage died with Lloyd George, but obviously not.

In his favour, however, he is obviously a pretty astute businessman, and may be an asset to the MoD - better surely than the Trade Union -time-served Scottish nobodies that we've had in the past, who indeed couldn't - or had least had never tried - to run a whelk stall.
  3. whilst it may be good that he has some buisness acumen, you miss a glaringly obvious problem...

He wasnt democratically elected as our representative. Therefore we have no comeback and he has no accountability to the people. We cant vote him out, only blair can get rid of him. How fair is that?
  4. Isn't that the way of New Labour though - all spin doctors, consultants, media reps, press officers etc. Admittedly they're not all in the Lords....but they will be one day. Just wait...Mandelson, Campbell they'll all be there as part of Tony's cronies within a couple of years.