DEFENCE MEDICAL SERVICES ATTITUDE SURVEY

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by neanderthal, Jun 26, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Two DMS attitude surveys will be conducted on behalf of DMSD over the next 6-7 months. The first will be a survey of 20% of all DMS personnel (presumably a representative cross section of all CEGs and ranks).

More importantly however, the second survey will be of 100% of all DMS personnel and will be conducted in the New Year. This is your chance to get your message across to the great and the good of the DMS.

Spread the word, alert everyone you know in the DMS that they should expect to receive a questionnnaire in the New Year. If you don't receive one and others do, tell your CO. Ensure that he or she make arrangements for you to receive one. Use the opportunity wisely, be truthful and measured and resist the temptation to rant. If you want to get your message across ranting will not help, it will merely put the backs up of those that can do something about the way the DMS functions.

If I can confirm the date that the questionnaires will be published I'll post it here.

2. Oh hairy one from the corridors of power,

You can't rant 8O

Good god man, that's me buggered :roll:

However if it is due in the next 6-7 months I have time to stop the rant and give constructive complaints with examples unlike now where I rant with examples :p

Please keep us informed........and thanks :wink:

3. May I temperately ask - what improvements have been made from these surveys.

They are published - but no indication of WHAT is being done to address the challenges people have is apparent. Maybe it would be nice to see in the next survey a comment of what the challenges are and what is being proposed and most importantly the time frame of implementation.

On each survey I have completed I have always made a balanced comment on the end and with moral conviction put my name at the very top – on no occasion has there been an attempt to speak to me.

Just one voice – no impact :evil:

4. GP3

1. I don't know definitely of any changes that have been made as a result of the DMS attitude surveys. I'd hazard a guess though that:

a. The decision to implement M2R2 may have been influenced by
    survey comments.

b. Likewise DGAMS's aspiration to post MDHU personnel back to the
    Field Army, to bring back some military ethos and sense of
    belonging.

I am however, certain that the surveys are read and for that reason, all of us in the DMS must articulate the way we see things.

2. I agree that the feedback from the surveys is less than helpful. The publication of a more detailed analysis and a timeline would indeed provide some clarity. Perhaps the introduction of the DMSD Roadshow, which I understand will be run again next year, is another opportunity to get your point across and to get feedback on attitude surveys.

5. Many thanks for the constructive comments - fully support DGAMS will try to make things happen: however I have now been in an E2 post for the past 24 months and will soon be replaced by a SSgt AMS on Digitisation NTBC. I am slightly concerned that whilst DGAMS promotes the need to ensure our Officers' and Soldiers' complete an E2 post - we are forgotten about by our parent Corps – in other words fend for yourself.

Most importantly without wanting to resort to 360 Degree reporting should DGAMS not put in place a mechanism that ensures E2 posts bring skills back that are of benefit to the DMS. I believe from my experience that we must continue to support IiP and ask our people to indicate whether or not the secondment was worthwhile.

6. deleted

7. The DMS CAS is now distributed (limited to randomly selected members of the DMS) with responses required to be returned by 13 Aug 04.

If you have received one, fill it in and return it.

Please.

8. How do I get hold of one?

I seem to have been in receipt of every survey going for the last 2 years, but this is the one that is the most required & I have failed to receive it. Probably due to recent posting. Oh well, I have returned everyone of the others, maybe they just don't like me any more.

& me rant. . . . . . .NEVER !! :lol:

9. Bless you gado. You can have mine love.

I too have returned half a dozen over the years with nil effect, and I have lost faith in the system.

Sorry IT but as others have said before we never get feedback let alone change.

10. Did as instructed on the day you posted this, no reply, resent message, no reply, resent message - no reply - Must be the comments I made then

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Of course they are MB, now take your medication and finish off your basket in the day ward! :wink:

12. Mine took a couple of days to turn up, but I did get a response.

13. Neanderthal,

having problems getting to that link! Any ideas of other ways of getting hold of one?

D-L

14. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Get four people round a table and hold hands and relax and use the force!