Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Defence hotel reservation service.

Before I logged off I had a proper look at today’s announcement on a new option for bulk bookings, which also took me to the main travel pages and latest info, FAQs etc

(For MoDnet users you can see the announcement on the home page, or search GBT)

Most pages there have been updated in August.

There are a series of points listed for “Why is it mandated?” and they include items such as:

Best VFM
Ensures MoD business travel policy is adhered to
Provides MI —— including cabinet office reporting
Lowest rates in industry
MoDs duty of care - storms, incidents etc (Therefore confirms the MI is used to identify if MoD staff have booked travel in an area)

The FAQs highlight how to get price matching if there is a lower like for like rate elsewhere, and how to add missing hotels

eg In the example where CHBS was 25p more expensive it probably wasn’t like for like due to cancellation policy etc

Breakfast is now not included unless indicated, which confirms that the £55.25 price I had was equivalent to the booking.com £55 price. But they had no cancellation protection

Previously the default was that breakfast was included unless otherwise indicated, whereas it is only included if listed. This has either changed since I last booked a hotel for work, or it was listed among my choices

Im glad you were honest enough about the breakfast, I thought it was suspiciously cheap.

But to take your points.

Best VFM I would very much like to know what metric they use, if they offer the cheapest rooms why arent they like booking.com and doing it for the whole world? Or are its VFM because its easier to fool gullible people like Kroneit because they are "free"?

Ensures MoD business travel policy is adhered to, Travel isnt the same as hotels, however the policy can be adapted to whatever the MOD want it to be, the only thing I can think of that the CHBS could do is prevent first class travel when its supposed to be standard. However other firms do that by not paying out (or part paying) if you bluff a first class ticket.
How exactly did Audrey Urbina get away with it for so long?

Lowest rates in industry As I said for VFM, who is saying this? By what measurement? If they have the power to get cheap rooms for the MOD why arent they doing it for the other 66 million people in the country? They would make a mint.

MoDs duty of care - storms, incidents etc (Therefore confirms the MI is used to identify if MoD staff have booked travel in an area) I gave numerous examples earlier why it would be ******* stupid for the MOD to trust a civvie travel/hotel firm to say where its personnel are. However that once again covers travel not hotels.

...and if they weren't responsible the money is still out of their pocket. Where's the duty of care in that?

**** me you are hard work. How do you think I manage. Go on, have guess what happens if I book a hotel and then due to reasons that Im not responsible for, the trip is canceled (or changed).

Its really is strange looking at how some people in the Army just can not cope with every day life.

**** me you are hard work. How do you think I manage. Go on, have guess what happens if I book a hotel and then due to reasons that Im not responsible for, the trip is canceled (or changed).

Its really is strange looking at how some people in the Army just can not cope with every day life.
More power to you if you're happy to be down money that you don't deserve to.

Im glad you were honest enough about the breakfast, I thought it was suspiciously cheap.

But to take your points.

Best VFM I would very much like to know what metric they use, if they offer the cheapest rooms why arent they like booking.com and doing it for the whole world? Or are its VFM because its easier to fool gullible people like Kroneit because they are "free"?

Ensures MoD business travel policy is adhered to, Travel isnt the same as hotels, however the policy can be adapted to whatever the MOD want it to be, the only thing I can think of that the CHBS could do is prevent first class travel when its supposed to be standard. However other firms do that by not paying out (or part paying) if you bluff a first class ticket.
How exactly did Audrey Urbina get away with it for so long?

Lowest rates in industry As I said for VFM, who is saying this? By what measurement? If they have the power to get cheap rooms for the MOD why arent they doing it for the other 66 million people in the country? They would make a mint.

MoDs duty of care - storms, incidents etc (Therefore confirms the MI is used to identify if MoD staff have booked travel in an area) I gave numerous examples earlier why it would be ******* stupid for the MOD to trust a civvie travel/hotel firm to say where its personnel are. However that once again covers travel not hotels.
You accuse me of being thick, have you actually read what you've written? If I could cope with the anger and teeth gnashing I'd love to be you, life must be simple, and at the end of your nose.

Institutionalised = Kroneit
I wont be down anything. Has some nasty officer in the past told you to accept losses that were not your fault?
Yes but not for 23 years. Can I just confirm that you think it acceptable that MOD employees be down their own money through no fault of their own? I thought that you finished in a leadership/management position?

Yes but not for 23 years. Can I just confirm that you think it acceptable that MOD employees be down their own money through no fault of their own? I thought that you finished in a leadership/management position?

Are you dense as teak? No one is down anything. How the **** do you function in life?

You accuse me of being thick, have you actually read what you've written? If I could cope with the anger and teeth gnashing I'd love to be you, life must be simple, and at the end of your nose.

You are thick, you cant book your own hotel. You think that the some seaman coming in to Gibraltar wouldnt be able to book a hotel room. You think people lose money if their company cancels a trip. Etc etc

Are you dense as teak? No one is down anything.
Current situation: CHBS credit card covers reservation. On a no show hotel uses CHBS credit card details to cover the cost. MOD has to recover the cost from the traveller if justified.

@stacker1 go it alone situation: Traveller uses own credit card for reservation. On no show hotel uses travellers credit details to cover the cost. Traveller has to recover cost from MOD if justified. For a period of time the traveller is down money. This could incur interest fees or overdraft charges which again can e recovered but possibly not straight away.
How the **** do you function in life?
With open eyes.

Current situation: CHBS credit card covers reservation. On a no show hotel uses CHBS credit card details to cover the cost. MOD has to recover the cost from the traveller if justified.

@stacker1 go it alone situation: Traveller uses own credit card for reservation. On no show hotel uses travellers credit details to cover the cost. Traveller has to recover cost from MOD if justified. For a period of time the traveller is down money. This could incur interest fees or overdraft charges which again can e recovered but possibly not straight away.

With open eyes.

You really are going to be one of the ******* begging on the street with a sign saying the army abandoned you aren't you?
I've noticed the narrative has shifted from being down some money, to being down some money for a period of time.
You mean like the MOD expects you to be after you paid for the hotel if you had stayed there?

Another embarrassing bullshit excuse from Kroneit.

You really are going to be one of the ******* begging on the street with a sign saying the army abandoned you aren't you?
I've noticed the narrative has shifted from being down some money, to being down some money for a period of time.
You mean like the MOD expects you to be after you paid for the hotel if you had stayed there?
{more ad hominem}Another embarrassing bullshit excuse from Kroneit.
The narrative hasn't shifted. In your scenario, the individual will be will not receive anything for the transaction. With CHBS the individual is not debited without either an investigation or transaction taking place.

The narrative hasn't shifted. In your scenario, the individual will be will not receive anything for the transaction. With CHBS the individual is not debited without either an investigation or transaction taking place.
It has shifted because now you have added a period of time.
Regardless of whether the individual gets anything or not. The MOD still expects its personnel to be down for a period of time when they get a hotel.
That period of time is also generally a couple of days from putting the claim in as well.

You really have a talent for making yourself look like a tool don't you?

It has shifted because now you have added a period of time.
Regardless of whether the individual gets anything or not. The MOD still expects its personnel to be down for a period of time when they get a hotel.
That period of time is also generally a couple of days from putting the claim in as well.
So you're content to be down money for any period of time, even through no fault of your own?
As an aside, I haven't added a period of time, there's always a period of time, the issue is the length of time.
You really have a talent for making yourself look like a tool don't you?
Well known for it.

So you're content to be down money for any period of time, even through no fault of your own?
As an aside, I haven't added a period of time, there's always a period of time, the issue is the length of time.

Well known for it.

You mean like I would be down money for a few days even if I stayed in the hotel? You mean like soldiers are always down when buying their food that they claim back later?

You arent very bright are you?

Are you FTRS? Too scared to let go of the comfort blanket?