Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Defence hotel reservation service.

blatant virtue signalling, sack him!
Well that neatly dodges the fact you were bumping your gums about people having to be down money, when it's usually standard in the MOD

Once again how did you think other companies mange? Not just NATO.

They probably don't have to many spastic s coming up with stupid reasons why it couldn't possibly work.
Like the US DoD which has a similar set up, or lots of companies that use a central booking service?
Using NATO and "lots of companies" is a weak way of substantiating your point. NATO FFS, it's a bottomless pit of cost and poor process.

I'm still a spastic tw@t etc etc.

Like the US DoD which has a similar set up, or lots of companies that use a central booking service?
Using NATO and "lots of companies" is a weak way of substantiating your point. NATO FFS, it's a bottomless pit of cost and poor process.

I'm still a spastic tw@t etc etc.

You are a spastic, would you compare the PX to the NAAFI? The US military tend to do things on a larger scale the Brits just do what they have always done because people are scared of change.

Why did my sister company (32000 workers) stop using a booking site when they stopped working for the MOD?

You are a spastic,
Ad hominem

would you compare the PX to the NAAFI?
Why wouldn't you, what happens if the conversation is about the PX and the NAAFI?

The US military tend to do things on a larger scale
I hadn't noticed. What has that got to do with the price of fish.

the Brits just do what they have always done because people are scared of change.
??????

Why did my sister company (32000 workers) stop using a booking site when they stopped working for the MOD?
I don't know do I, I'm not the finance director of that company. But comparing one large defence organisation to another (both have Treasuries to answer to) is somewhat more valid than "a company your sister once worked for that you know nothing about".

Ad hominem

Thats because you are a spastic. You cant cope with minor issues.

Why wouldn't you, what happens if the conversation is about the PX and the NAAFI?
I hadn't noticed. What has that got to do with the price of fish.
The American Army throws money at their problems, the British Army tend to do things half arsed.
Although now I come to think of it, Im sure the yanks at Brunssum got a set amount to find their own hotel (and they could pocket the difference if it was cheaper)

You want to compare a military that gets 10x the funding that the UK does.

I don't know do I, I'm not the finance director of that company. But comparing one large defence organisation to another (both have Treasuries to answer to) is somewhat more valid than "a company your sister once worked for that you know nothing about".

You mean a defence organisation that has 10 times more funding and have exceptions for booking hotels? An organisation that may have many other differences?
I know that she used to have to use the CHBS, when they stopped working as MOD employees they stopped using the CHBS, amazingly the company is still in business and still working for the MOD.

The American Army throws money at their problems, the British Army tend to do things half arsed.
Although now I come to think of it, Im sure the yanks at Brunssum got a set amount to find their own hotel (and they could pocket the difference if it was cheaper)
Awesome value for money that, the tax payer would be well chuffed at knowing MOD employees get free cash.

You want to compare a military that gets 10x the funding that the UK does.
You mean a defence organisation that has 10 times more funding and have exceptions for booking hotels? An organisation that may have many other differences?
US DoD is more than ten times the size, so it would have ten times the funding. It's still a treasury funded organisation which makes it valid to use as an example.

I know that she used to have to use the CHBS, when they stopped working as MOD employees they stopped using the CHBS, amazingly the company is still in business and still working for the MOD.
How many people in the "company your sister works for"? Is it as many as the MoD? If so are they based in the UK, HM Treasury funded etc? This is such a sh1t example I can't believe you still using it...some company somewhere doesn't use a central booking service, well they do but not don't specify which one to use. Completely negated by the fact that some companies DO use a centralised booking service.

Awesome value for money that, the tax payer would be well chuffed at knowing MOD employees get free cash.

US DoD is more than ten times the size, so it would have ten times the funding. It's still a treasury funded organisation which makes it valid to use as an example.
Ive just told you that some of the yanks got a set amount and kept the change. You want to follow that example do you? Or are you going to get on your revereocycle yet again?
Perhaps you wont be stupid enough to come up with shit comparisons again.

How many people in the "company your sister works for"? Is it as many as the MoD? If so are they based in the UK, HM Treasury funded etc? This is such a sh1t example I can't believe you still using it...some company somewhere doesn't use a central booking service, well they do but not don't specify which one to use. Completely negated by the fact that some companies DO use a centralised booking service.

They are multinational, have about 30k employees. Its a very good example, it used to use the MOD booking service and now that its no longer part of the MOD chooses not to use any booking service. Almost as if they thought it was a waste of time. So to clarify, when they were MOD employees they had to use it, now they are not, they dont and they arent suffering because of it.

FTRS arent you? Cant let go of having the MOD do everything for you?

Ive just told you that some of the yanks got a set amount and kept the change. You want to follow that example do you? Or are you going to get on your revereocycle yet again?
Perhaps you wont be stupid enough to come up with shit comparisons again.
Was this some Americans working for NATO?

No wonder Trump wants everyone to increase their funding if people are getting free money.

But its a great scheme, you said so.

I believe I did, and again using one of the most dysfunctional multinational organisations as an example is as weak as "a company my sister once worked for". Must try harder in the future.
You mean you don't want to recognise other companies including ones that previously used a booking service don't use a booking service?

FTRS? Scared to let go?

Not at all. Without the reasons why they choose not to, it's irrelevant beyond the fact that they exist. You can't substantiate your point.

Yup, I've had the best COVID ever, with job security, why would I want to lose that?

Because they didn't need to use it once they weren't forced to?

I thought you had some super dooper trade that could make a fortune in civvie street? That's why the Army ignored your biffness and other shortcomings?
Then when it was time to see how sort after you are in big wide world, you stayed in. Scared that civvies might ask you to sort out your own hotel?

Because they didn't need to use it once they weren't forced to?
FFS, peel off that first layer will you. Why did the choose to stop using a centralised travel booking service?

I thought you had some super dooper trade that could make a fortune in civvie street? That's why the Army ignored your biffness and other shortcomings?
Good point, not relevant to CHBS and the use of is it?

Then when it was time to see how sort after you are in big wide world, you stayed in. Scared that civvies might ask you to sort out your own hotel?
At what point did I say I can't book my own hotel?

FFS, peel off that first layer will you. Why did the choose to stop using a centralised travel booking service?

Good point, not relevant to CHBS and the use of is it?

At what point did I say I can't book my own hotel?
Because once they weren't forced to use one they realised they didn't need it anymore?

I think it is relevant, it show how some people can't manage without the army.

At various points including when you cried about being down money and needing the CHBS helpline to sort something out.

Because once they weren't forced to use one they realised they didn't need it anymore?

At various points including when you cried about being down money and needing the CHBS helpline to sort something out.
Is this really a company that was required to use CHBS?
Were they MoD staff who have been TUPEd out to a multi national company? In which case they were employees under MoD policy and are now employees under a companies policy

Were they contractors? In which case they would not be obliged to MoD travel policy (And could not use the CHBS without a UIN). Contractors would invoice the MoD in accordance with their contract and travel as they wish. The only way they would be obliged (and allowed) to use CHBS would be if they were contracted in a manner that brought them onto strength somehow and were just billing for the service

A multi national company with 32,000 employees sounds a bit odd to have been a government department that’s been privatised.

Is it and was it a government agency, trading fund or a company?

Is this really a company that was required to use CHBS?
Were they MoD staff who have been TUPEd out to a multi national company? In which case they were employees under MoD policy and are now employees under a companies policy

Were they contractors? In which case they would not be obliged to MoD travel policy (And could not use the CHBS without a UIN). Contractors would invoice the MoD in accordance with their contract and travel as they wish. The only way they would be obliged (and allowed) to use CHBS would be if they were contracted in a manner that brought them onto strength somehow and were just billing for the service

A multi national company with 32,000 employees sounds a bit odd to have been a government department that’s been privatised.

Is it and was it a government agency, trading fund or a company?

They were the one in bold
The point is, when they were no longer forced to use a booking service, they didnt and they think its better.

It wasnt 32000, it was a department of the MOD, the company in total is 32000.

Strange how they not only manage just fine, but the staff think its better.

What governance model does the company use? I would imagine one appropriate for it's staff and shareholders.
Relevant to what?
CHBS was useful when I was stuck abroad, late at night due to an incorrect booking. The use of CHBS also meant that I didn't have to cover the cost of not using the room. That can only be a positive. If you see it as a negative drink less turps.