Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Defence hotel reservation service.

The current round between Kronerit and Stacker is the situation for an individual when you book via CHBS or booking.com and what happens if you don’t turn up. (E.g. if the situation changes, and the original booking is not cancelled)

Ideally the original booking gets cancelled
If there’s no cancellation permitted, or it’s too late then there’s still a charge
If you go via CHBS then it’s secured against an MoD GPC and this picks up the charge, if you go privately then you pick up the charge
No major drama, as you were expecting to pay and will claim

But if the Army changes your plans and you stay elsewhere then if it’s a private booking then the individual could be paying for two hotel stays. If not their fault then they get all the money claimed back, but in the meantime they are stiffed for double the amount and may go overdrawn etc

A fair exchange of goods or services has to take place with the current system.
Are soldiers down money for a period of time through no fault of their own due to the current system? They are staying in hotels and buying expensive food because the Army is making them.
Where is your fake outrage over that?
Once again your bullshit excuses have made you look a spastic.

The current round between Kronerit and Stacker is the situation for an individual when you book via CHBS or booking.com and what happens if you don’t turn up. (E.g. if the situation changes, and the original booking is not cancelled)

Ideally the original booking gets cancelled
If there’s no cancellation permitted, or it’s too late then there’s still a charge
If you go via CHBS then it’s secured against an MoD GPC and this picks up the charge, if you go privately then you pick up the charge
No major drama, as you were expecting to pay and will claim

But if the Army changes your plans and you stay elsewhere then if it’s a private booking then the individual could be paying for two hotel stays. If not their fault then they get all the money claimed back, but in the meantime they are stiffed for double the amount and may go overdrawn etc

A, highly unlikely to happen, B, you can ask for an advance if you are either a young inexperienced tom or a spastic who cant look after themselves and pay one or two days extra for a cancelled hotel, C credit cards have up to 56 days to pay them back interest free.

I know Kroneit is a spastic who can't cope and comes up with **** excuses about soldiers being down money (because he was to stupid to realise under the current system that's what they are anyway), but I would have thought better of you than to come up with a similar piss poor excuse.

Last edited:
Are soldiers down money for a period of time through no fault of their own due to the current system? They are staying in hotels and buying expensive food because the Army is making them.
Where is your fake outrage over that?
Once again your bullshit excuses have made you look a spastic.
"But if the Army changes your plans and you stay elsewhere then if it’s a private booking then the individual could be paying for two hotel stays. If not their fault then they get all the money claimed back, but in the meantime they are stiffed for double the amount and may go overdrawn etc"

"But if the Army changes your plans and you stay elsewhere then if it’s a private booking then the individual could be paying for two hotel stays. If not their fault then they get all the money claimed back, but in the meantime they are stiffed for double the amount and may go overdrawn etc"

Oh look everyone Kroneit has yet again moved the goalposts now that its been pointed out that the army has always expected its soldiers to be down money for a period of time and he looks a bit of of a **** for stating how bad that is.

The army expects its soldiers to pay for their hotels (plus food) for as long as the task takes.
Its quite happy for its soldiers to pay for several weeks in a hotel, but you want to cry in the unlikely event a soldier has to cancel a hotel, doesn't have a credit card and is that much of a spastic cant manage a small charge until he can get to JPA?

who
A, highly unlikely to happen, B, you can ask for an advance if you are either a young inexperienced tom or a spastic who cant look after themselves and pay one or two days extra for a cancelled hotel, C credit cards have up to 56 days to pay them back interest free.

I know Kroneit is a spastic who can't cope and comes up with **** excuses about soldiers being down money (because he was to stupid to realise under the current system that's what they are anyway), but I would have thought better of you than to come up with a similar piss poor excuse.
the system has to work for everyone, including MOD CS. I'm not sure what access MOD CS have to advances of pay, but my last job was with MOD CS and none of them got an advance.

the system has to work for everyone, including MOD CS. I'm not sure what access MOD CS have to advances of pay, but my last job was with MOD CS and none of them got an advance.
And yet you expect them to pay for hotels and foods for weeks? To be out of pocket in all that time? Possibly go into debt?

Let's see how you backpedal on this one.

Oh look everyone Kroneit has yet again moved the goalposts now that its been pointed out that the army has always expected its soldiers to be down money for a period of time and he looks a bit of of a **** for stating how bad that is.
And we should strive to minimise the amount that anyone within the MOD should be down. Re-establishing GPC cards across the enterprise has already discounted, so we are where we are. Under your proposal, it's a mute point as the individual picks up all costs.

The army expects its soldiers to pay for their hotels (plus food) for as long as the task takes.
Its quite happy for its soldiers to pay for several weeks in a hotel, but you want to cry in the unlikely event a soldier has to cancel a hotel, doesn't have a credit card and is that much of a spastic cant manage a small charge until he can get to JPA?
If I was designing a centralised travel booking system I'd want it to minimise costs to the Serviceman/CS for as many eventualities as possible.

And yet you expect them to pay for hotels and foods for weeks? To be out of pocket in all that time? Possibly go into debt?

Let's see how you backpedal on this one.
I have no problem with MOD CS paying for goods and services that they have used. The MOD CS I worked with saw travel as a perk of the job so didn't complain too hard about soaking up the cost with a credit card. Travel could be better for them, days subsistence tis not as good as ours when abroad.

And we should strive to minimise the amount that anyone within the MOD should be down. Re-establishing GPC cards across the enterprise has already discounted, so we are where we are. Under your proposal, it's a mute point as the individual picks up all costs.

If I was designing a centralised travel booking system I'd want it to minimise costs to the Serviceman/CS for as many eventualities as possible.
You were crying earlier about people being down money. Now it's been pointed out to you that the MOD regularly makes its staff pay up front, you don't seem to want to talk about it any more.

I have no problem with MOD CS paying for goods and services that they have used. The MOD CS I worked with saw travel as a perk of the job so didn't complain too hard about soaking up the cost with a credit card. Travel could be better for them, days subsistence tis not as good as ours when abroad.
They didn't ask to use them, the MOD made them, so they are down money for a time.
Where is your fake outrage?

who

We can have an advance for travel in the Civil Service

It’s a percentage of estimated costs, excluding meals

You were crying earlier about people being down money. Now it's been pointed out to you that the MOD regularly makes its staff pay up front, you don't seem to want to talk about it any more.
There's quite a bit that you seem to be ignoring so far.
Treasury requirements.
Laws of physics.
User skill level across the MOD.
The fact that the current system works well.
MOD MI requirements.
Using NATO as a marker of good process.
I've forgotten the rest, and can't be bothered to review.
IT Security.

I know, I know I'm a spastic tw@t etc etc.

Last edited:
Oh, so the current system works for MOD CS, who would have thought.
You wouldnt.
Seeing as you didn't know any CS who got an advance.
Although I suppose its possible they weren't spastics.

There's quite a bit that you seem to be ignoring so far.
Treasury requirements.
Laws of physics.
User skill level across the MOD.
The fact that the current system works well.
MOD MI requirements.
Using NATO as a marker of good process.
I've forgotten the rest, and can't be bothered to review.
IT Security.

I know, I know I'm a spastic tw@t etc etc.

Once again how did you think other companies mange? Not just NATO.

They probably don't have to many spastic s coming up with stupid reasons why it couldn't possibly work.

Latest Threads