Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Defence hotel reservation service.

Buddy!

War Hero
You could say that for the majority of the MOD who are still emailing spreadsheets as attachments. Why did we invest in Sharepoint again?

Precisely. IT Incompetence is a precipitating cause of a range of issues in the Army in my opinion and something not seen in equivalent size external organisations that I work with. Cultural change is required also.

Precisely. IT Incompetence is a precipitating cause of a range of issues in the Army in my opinion and something not seen in equivalent size external organisations that I work with. Cultural change is required also.
Agreed. But the task is harder than it looks. You'd need departmental champions to understand the processes and people to make the change. We'd either not pay them enough or move them on too soon. Cisco managed it with the transition to AGILE (as did ASDT within ISS) but a lot of eggs were broken to make the omelette.
The other problem is that all the champions have just finished LGBGTQ+ and are on mindfulness training.

If they used to be part of the MoD and are now outside of the MoD then they can no longer use the MoDs contract.

They therefore need to make their own arrangements and processes
They do make their own arrangements they let their staff book their own hotels.
Possibly because its not complicated in the slightest

They do make their own arrangements they let their staff book their own hotels.
Possibly because its not complicated in the slightest
But not because ‘ If only they had some silly old twat who doesnt like change on their staff, they would still use it.’ as they no longer have access to an MoD contracted service.

But not because ‘ If only they had some silly old twat who doesnt like change on their staff, they would still use it.’ as they no longer have access to an MoD contracted service.
I notice stacker said any third party travel booking firm.

I think this might be down to scale and role, there is a point in an organisational size where coordinating/controlling/managing travel becomes a big job. That is more than a quick glance at BBC world news and a spreadsheet.

It is at this point it becomes worth looking at if a dedicated 3rd party service is advantageous or not. It really depends not on the size of the organisation, but on the number of people travelling and likely destinations...according to most travel advisory systems (prior to covid) London was classed as high risk due to the terrorist threat. I haven't looked for a while as not had to travel, for the obvious reason.

I just meant they would still use a booking service. Nothing to stop them asking HRS to provide the same service but a billion dollar company decided to not bother.

Don't mention the word change to Kroneit, he'll be in therapy for weeks

No internet access at sea / not knowing where they'll be at set times? Irrelevant, there's a booking service that can be used to book hotel rooms on their behalf (and flights and trains).

Of course there is internet access at sea, but lets says there wasnt how the **** would they use the CHBS app you utter mong? Do you practise making yourself look like a dick or is it natural.

You keep bringing this up. You've had a plausible explanation that some hotels might not meet MOD requirements. I don't know why this is but it will probably relate to the information a hotel presents more than anything else.

Firstly, Some might so do but still arent on the list. I know because Ive stayed in them. Secondly if Pte Bloggs doesnt care if he has a table in his room or whatever the MOD requirements are, why does it concern you?

Your rabbit hole not mine.
Oh course mister reversocycle.

They will have some sort of system to account for travel costs, and unless a truly shite company, done some sort of business change management to transfer to the new system.
Its a multi billion pound company and yet they manage to monitor the costs of hotels, yet the MOD coundnt possible do that without a 3rd party.

Only a clown would make a system more complex then rely on administrative action to make it work, especially when there is a one stop shop in place. AND you can book whatever hotel you want in or out of cap you just need to justify it (you keep ignoring this point).

Complex? I know you are a spastic, but it less complex to book your on hotels.
Only a clown would think using a third party to say what hotels you can have is less complex.

Of course there is internet access at sea, but lets says there wasnt how the **** would they use the CHBS app you utter mong? Do you practise making yourself look like a dick or is it natural.
Do you know how NAVY comms work? I have an idea based on limited experience. What I do know if that the lads have very limited (but improving) access, if any, until close to shore. More to the point using the current set up, someone on shore can book the hotels (and travel) for them. If you're going to argue stick to blankets and leave the comms to others who know more (probably not me).

Complex? I know you are a spastic, but it less complex to book your on hotels.
Only a clown would think using a third party to say what hotels you can have is less complex.
You can book your own hotels using CHBS, it's not difficult though there is provision in place for those who find it difficult or struggle with access.

Do you know how NAVY comms work? I have an idea based on limited experience. What I do know if that the lads have very limited (but improving) access, if any, until close to shore. More to the point using the current set up, someone on shore can book the hotels (and travel) for them. If you're going to argue stick to blankets and leave the comms to others who know more (probably not me).

You can book your own hotels using CHBS, it's not difficult though there is provision in place for those who find it difficult or struggle with access.

I understand that you fucked up by saying there was not internet

And now you are back pedaling (again) and saying that someone else on shore could book it for them. What a ******* stupid thing for you to say.

People can book the own hotels whenever they like, they dont need the CHBS to do it.

I understand that you fucked up by saying there was not internet

And now you are back pedaling (again) and saying that someone else on shore could book it for them. What a ******* stupid thing for you to say.

People can book the own hotels whenever they like, they dont need the CHBS to do it.
How widely has that NSSL Global access been distributed, any ideas, if not I'll ask at work tomorrow.
I'm sure the lads would be well chuffed with people using the welfare bandwidth booking hotels for work requirements.
Most importantly, does it work underwater?

How widely has that NSSL Global access been distributed, any ideas, if not I'll ask at work tomorrow.
I'm sure the lads would be well chuffed with people using the welfare bandwidth booking hotels for work requirements.
Most importantly, does it work underwater?

Does the CHBS app work underwater? You've made yourself look a right **** havent you?

CHBS is accessed via the Defence Gateway which is accessed via the internet. A bit like, but not quite the same as, all the other booking services.

Is the internet available at most naval bases?

You and your stupid examples eh?

Is the internet available at most naval bases?

You and your stupid examples eh?
That is probably true, but the Writer booking the travel can use MODNET. As an aside MODNET is moving towards delivery WIFI internet access instead of fixed infra. Can't see this happening at sea for some time though.

That is probably true, but the Writer booking the travel can use MODNET. As an aside MODNET is moving towards delivery WIFI internet access instead of fixed infra. Can't see this happening at sea for some time though.
To clarify Seaman Smith could book his own hotel without the CHBS without any problems? So a stupid example.

To clarify Seaman Smith could book his own hotel without the CHBS without any problems? So a stupid example.
Dammit again, with one swift movement over the keyboard and a bit of bending of the laws of physics you have disproven my ascertain that it would be better to use a central travel booking system for Navy personnel at sea. I have got nowhere to go now, I was going to use aircrew but they’ll all have access and time during the flight to book travel too.
So assuming the following:
HM Treasury information requirements can be chinned off.
Everyone can book their own travel.
Booking.com is available underwater.
Everyone has their own credit/debit card to reserve the room.
Booking.com is available where we don’t have Internet access...
Everyone has time to book their own travel...

You’re probably correct, we should chin off CHBS and let everyone book their own trips.

Dammit again, with one swift movement over the keyboard and a bit of bending of the laws of physics you have disproven my ascertain that it would be better to use a central travel booking system for Navy personnel at sea. I have got nowhere to go now, I was going to use aircrew but they’ll all have access and time during the flight to book travel too.
So assuming the following:
HM Treasury information requirements can be chinned off.
Everyone can book their own travel.
Booking.com is available underwater.
Everyone has their own credit/debit card to reserve the room.
Booking.com is available where we don’t have Internet access...
Everyone has time to book their own travel...

You’re probably correct, we should chin off CHBS and let everyone book their own trips.
Why do you keep lying and say people have to book their own travel? Who has said that?
So as well as making yourself look like a bellend because you thought the Navy couldn't book a hotel.

Does CHBS pay for the hotel or are people expected to have their own credit/debit card?

Once again you made yourself look like a penis, well done.

Latest Threads